Yamaha's comfort seat

Root Down

I'm curious and hopefully I didn't miss it in another thread, but has anyone seen the Yamaha comfort seat? Are there any pictures out there and if it looks decent is it actually comfortable?

I have the comfort seat. The seat has a cross hatch pattern on it. I does not match the factory seat. It is better than the factory seat it think. I got a good deal on it when got my bike. We try to take some pics of later for you.

Will try to get some pics in the nest day or so. I have the seat off the bike right now to get to the battery, and the bike is in winter storgage. I will try to get a pic of just the seat for you guys soon.

its a few hundred . and i have a appointment to get it done on the first of April. there time frame may be out there as the season gets here , i have one on my 02 drz400 , ugly yes . but i have done 515 miles in one day on it . i have one on my gl1800 too. :wav:

Thanks for the quality feedback. I think the factory seat is pretty uncomfortable. I would love to see pictures of that seat. Is there a way to get a matching back seat? If they aren't the same material I would have a tough time buying it without replacing them both so they match.

bicycle shorts under your jeans or riding pants makes a big difference on a long ride, I am talking about the spandex or lycra skin tight type shorts cyclists wear

bicycle shorts under your jeans or riding pants makes a big difference on a long ride, I am talking about the spandex or lycra skin tight type shorts cyclists wear

ooooooh feels so ....silky.
Does that really work! will have to try that.

Sorry it took a few days bust here is the pics of the seats. I took some side by side shoots of the seats so you can see the differents between them.

Sorry it took a few days bust here is the pics of the seats. I took some side by side shoots of the seats so you can see the differents between them.

Hmm, you should take a picture of how it looks on the bike. Specifically, how it looks with the normal passenger seat on.

I think the stock seat isn't bad......, after 2 hours you need to stretch anyway. The comfort seat does look like the burn would be less and seems a little thicker than stock, is this a correct assessment? Thanks again.......:)

Hmm, you should take a picture of how it looks on the bike. Specifically, how it looks with the normal passenger seat on.

Will get some pics with the seat on this weekend. The bike is in witer storage now. Should be nice this weekend. Will get the bike out and put the seat back on for some pics. I keep the seat in the high setting. Which setting do you guys want the pic with the seat in?

Will get some pics with the seat on this weekend. The bike is in witer storage now. Should be nice this weekend. Will get the bike out and put the seat back on for some pics. I keep the seat in the high setting. Which setting do you guys want the pic with the seat in?

Is the comfort seat thicker than the stock seat???? (Thanks.......I ride high! lol)

Got pics of the seat on my bike Sunday. Went to post them up and my laptop crashed. :mad: I am posting up from work. Will try to get the laptop fixed today and put up the pics tonight.

How does the seat feel? Worth the $100+? I am thinking about getting the seat if it is worth it. The stock seat is horribly uncomfortable!

The seat felt frimer at first. It needed to break in some. I will have to ride it little and then swich seats to see how the old one feels. I dont remember how the factory one feels. I have had the comfort seat from 2 weeks after i got the bike last August. I got a smoking deal on it when i got the bike, thats why i got it. I got the seat, cover and smoked double bubble for like 300 bucks with tax.

Me and the IT guy at my work got my laptop up and running. :) I will post the seat pics up later tonight, after i met my friends for dinner and some drinks.:iconbeer:

Back