Yamaha Windscreen

Fine looking job! Did you get all straightened out from the rear-ender? The bike looks really clean from the front.

Fine looking job! Did you get all straightened out from the rear-ender? The bike looks really clean from the front.

That was bikerchick13 that got rear ended. But thanks, I think the black at the bottom of the windscreen really ties in all the black and smoke (esp the LED block off mirrors) of the bike to keep the contrast with the white :cool:

Good idea! Michaels here I come! Thanks

I got my tape from Auto Zone (or any auto parts store), it's 3M double sided mounting tape, just in case Michael's doesn't carry it

picture.php

Oh jeez, that looks so awesome. I keep going back and forth between 'do I want the smoke one, or the black one?' -- I CAN'T DECIDE!! :confused:

Oh jeez, that looks so awesome. I keep going back and forth between 'do I want the smoke one, or the black one?' -- I CAN'T DECIDE!! :confused:

I couldn't decide between the Yamaha smoke or clear, I really wanted the smoke but went with the clear because I am going to mount my camera on the tank and need to be able to see out of the windscreen. It's just an added bonus that it looks so good ;)

I installed the smoke, double bubble Yamaha windshield. After riding nearly 300 miles this weekend with it, I love it! For normal cruising, it deflects the wind more up and over my helmet. When tucked, at 70 mph, I have very little wind noise, and zero buffetting, even at ummmm, higher speeds than 70.

This was a very worthwhile investment in my opinion.

Asked both of my brothers to see which one they thought was better and they both said the clear as it doesn't stand out like the tint on FZ6R TYB.

I know what they mean because the headlight is clear but the windscreen will be tint... kind of off...

I ordered the Clear Double Bubble from Stadium Yamaha for $67, 55 + 12 shipping to Florida.

Ship Method Estimated Delivery Date
UPS Ground May 28,2010 to Jun 01,2010

Hopefully I will like it, I want more wind protection but I don't want to the windscreen to be tall like a cruiser.

Just wanted to share my ride with the new Yammie tinted DB screen. Only ridden about 100 miles with it so far, but I agree with most others on this thread that it is noticeably better. On the raven, I chose the tinted due to my preference for a sleek black look (besides the forks, etc.). I think I am "finally" done with mods for awhile...unless others can think of something else I "need" :)

Just wanted to share my ride with the new Yammie tinted DB screen. Only ridden about 100 miles with it so far, but I agree with most others on this thread that it is noticeably better. On the raven, I chose the tinted due to my preference for a sleek black look (besides the forks, etc.). I think I am "finally" done with mods for awhile...unless others can think of something else I "need" :)

There is that useless jewel in the center of your fairing just below the wind shield.
It looks like you can drill out the back and install some sort of light in there.
Maybe a flashing light or strobe or something...just saying...not telling you that you need to put something in there....he he he.....:p

Just a "Heads up" for those looking for better wind coverage. I too put on the Yamaha race shield, and I agree it does help. It really needs to do more though IMO. I didn't realize before I bought the race screen, but there is a Laminar Lip available for the stock screen. I have used a Lip on the touring screen on my BMW, and have been happy with it. The BMW shield was very turbulent, and the buffeting was horrible. The Lip helped big time. I may try the Lip designed for the 6R as well. This is the link in case your interested. Laminar Products for Yamaha FZ-6R

Just a "Heads up" for those looking for better wind coverage. I too put on the Yamaha race shield, and I agree it does help. It really needs to do more though IMO. I didn't realize before I bought the race screen, but there is a Laminar Lip available for the stock screen. I have used a Lip on the touring screen on my BMW, and have been happy with it. The BMW shield was very turbulent, and the buffeting was horrible. The Lip helped big time. I may try the Lip designed for the 6R as well. This is the link in case your interested. Laminar Products for Yamaha FZ-6R

I agree about the bubble not being enough wind protection. I don't like the look of the laminar lip but it does look like it would be effective. Thanks for the link!

I agree about the bubble not being enough wind protection. I don't like the look of the laminar lip but it does look like it would be effective. Thanks for the link!
I couldn't agree more. I don't like the look of the Lip on my BMW either, but I would rather be comfortable. I'd rather have a shield from the factory that actually worked.

Asked both of my brothers to see which one they thought was better and they both said the clear as it doesn't stand out like the tint on FZ6R TYB.

I know what they mean because the headlight is clear but the windscreen will be tint... kind of off...

I ordered the Clear Double Bubble from Stadium Yamaha for $67, 55 + 12 shipping to Florida.

Ship Method Estimated Delivery Date
UPS Ground May 28,2010 to Jun 01,2010

Hopefully I will like it, I want more wind protection but I don't want to the windscreen to be tall like a cruiser.

You'll like it. It's better made than the stock and it's not really taller, per se, just rounded more. You'll be happy with it. It looks more sporty.

Let us know how it works for ya.

Gawd this thing is taking so long to arrive! About 2 weeks I believe...at the moment it's still a bit shorter than ordering stuff from Hong Kong.

I sold my tinted windscreen to bikegirl... still waiting for her to post some pics so I can see how it looks since i didnt get a chance to use it on my bike!

Installed the clear double bubble Yamaha windscreen, and like the others have stated it is smoother now plus it looks much better than the stock screen. Oh, and thanks to the ones who mentioned using heat and lighter fluid to remove the sticker, took less than 5 minutes to take it off. I repeated the same process on the gas tank decal and it too came right off, looks much cleaner now :)

Last edited:
Just a warning to people out there, I used the goof-off (industrial strength) and guitar pick method... ended up scratching through whatever makes the shield "shiney" (maybe a clear coat on top?) either way, I now have a rather ugly spot and will probably getting another shield :/

Back