Will An LED Flasher Realy Fix Voltage?

rskinz6r

So i finished installing my fender elminator kit I got off eBay. I had to put my stock turn signals on cuz i couldnt get the LED signals to work. The 2 options I know I have are an load equalizer and a LED relay. Im leaning towards the relay cuz it is a snap to replace. What I wanna know is the ones who have LED signals in the rear did this fix the voltage issue?

I did find it odd that it let the front LED signals run just fine like stock (just quick flash), but it wont for the rear...

I wish I could help but im a retard when it comes to wiring and electrical

Hi guys,

I installed protons on my front and my stock rear turn signals blink fast. To make them both blink at their standard rate, will I need one or two flasher relays?

Thanks!

I am just going to put this bit of info here, but I think the Aussie delivered one must have some different brains to it. I have installed LED flush front indicators and the LED lights that came with my Targe FE and have had no other problems with the flashing pattern. Still the same slow flash.

We have some electrical differences like no running lights, park light and hi beam flasher.

What I wanna know is the ones who have LED signals in the rear did this fix the voltage issue?
What is the "voltage issue?" Do you mean fast blinking with the LEDs?

It isn't a voltage issue. The LED signals use less current and the normal relay uses a heat element to switch. Less current and it runs fast just like when a single bulb burns out. The special turn relay uses internal elements to determine the switch rate. It doesn't care what type of bulb or how many.

It isn't a voltage issue. The LED signals use less current and the normal relay uses a heat element to switch. Less current and it runs fast just like when a single bulb burns out. The special turn relay uses internal elements to determine the switch rate. It doesn't care what type of bulb or how many.

what this guy said...

Also make sure you getting nice bright LED replacements, a lot of the replacements out there are actually dimmer, you don't want to be the cause of an accident because your signal couldn't be seen or your lights in general weren't visible.

It isn't a voltage issue. The LED signals use less current and the normal relay uses a heat element to switch.
Yeah, the lamp current / flash rate thing is what I figured he was asking about. Just wondering if there was an additional issue.

Back