Who else has the next bike picked?

Jay S.

Let me start by saying I love my Fizzer, no doubt. I bought it as a first sport-touring bike after years of riding cruisers. I had every intention of keeping it for 3-4 years and then moving up to an FJR...

However, after riding an FJR, I really like how small and nimble the 6R is and may never move up to a bigger factory sport-tourer. The funny part is that I'm still looking down the road a couple years at the next bike.

For some strange reason I really like the Kawasaki Versys. I know that is a love it or hate it bike. I guess I fall on the love it side of the equation.

Is anyone else always looking for the next bike?

Tmak73

My buddy has one and he loves it. He was super nimble through the twisties the other weekend. Could definitely tell he knew the road. If I got a new one I would probably look at a vfr 800 or an st1100.

Chucker

I'd like to get a newer Triumph Bonneville (or an old Bonneville or CB750 if I can find time for a project), but as a second bike. If I were to move on from the FZ6R, it'll be for a larger sport tourer, but not until my wife decides she wants to travel on a bike. I'd love a BMW K1300GT.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Jay S.

My buddy has one and he loves it. He was super nimble through the twisties the other weekend. Could definitely tell he knew the road. If I got a new one I would probably look at a vfr 800 or an st1100.
I almost bought a VFR800 when I got my FZ6R. The dealer still had some leftovers that were 2 years old but new bikes so the price was almost the same. I did not care for the seating position though. I think that is a very nice looking (AKA sexy) bike. The Versys, not so sexy, but looks very comfortable and seems to do everything I would want it to do. I read a lot of ride reports on a Versys forum and the owners seem to love that bike.

Jay S.

I'd like to get a newer Triumph Bonneville (or an old Bonneville or CB750 if I can find time for a project), but as a second bike. If I were to move on from the FZ6R, it'll be for a larger sport tourer, but not until my wife decides she wants to travel on a bike. I'd love a BMW K1300GT.
My wife rarely rode with me even when I had a large cruiser. If she ever changes her mind I would absolutely consider a full size sport tourer. My daughter rode with me all the time but now that she's in her late teens I guess it's not cool.

:(

Jay S.

I am currently eyeballing a few cruisers, for riding 2 up trips with the missus. Might go with a used HD Dyna, but also plan to investigate the cruisers of Asian persuasion.
I've owned two Shadows and a Vulcan and enjoyed them all. Never had any problems with any of them. None of them ever seemed comfy on long hauls though. The seating position made my lower back hurt and my butt would kill after 300 miles, even with a custom seat. For some reason I can ride the FZ6R for hours and never get sore. Likely because my back is straight and I can move around in the saddle more. I'd own both if I could...gotta get kids through college first.

Tmak73

I almost bought a VFR800 when I got my FZ6R. The dealer still had some leftovers that were 2 years old but new bikes so the price was almost the same. I did not care for the seating position though. I think that is a very nice looking (AKA sexy) bike. The Versys, not so sexy, but looks very comfortable and seems to do everything I would want it to do. I read a lot of ride reports on a Versys forum and the owners seem to love that bike.
Yea the versys don't look great. I think the st1100 looks better has a sport tourer.

But the vfr is incredibly sexy.

wtnotch

One week, I want a GSXR750 ... the week after an FJR1300 ... the week after that a Triumph Sprint GT. Those are all times that I'm not riding the FZ6R - when I am, I'm completely happy with what I have. I've had this bike for almost a year now and for me, that's not normal :)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Mine's still not on the road after getting stolen and dumped 4th July weekend and looks very sad, just no money to get it done. I've been thinking of going semi back to my first love and getting a dual sport. Did cruisers so many years and they look and sound great but just not alot of fun to ride. Thinking one of the 650cc dual sports would be alot of fun if I feel comfortable being up that high again. One of my first bikes was a new 1978 Honda xl? 175 that was a blast, not very fast on the highway but so much fun, and now with electric start and not having to kick start something similar but slightly more highway freiendly would be great.

Fzara2000

I've always had a couple choices in the back of my head but after doing a bit of research it seems like my next bike will be the triumph 675 Daytona. Just a sexy looking bike with power everywhere, unlike bikes like the R6 which you need to rev the hell out of.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9794

2011 Ninja 1000 for me - finally got a chance to sit on one and I'm hooked. Although I might get it painted "Yamaha Blue" as a tribute to the FZ6R :D

Sage

Daytona 675 is my first choice in any other bike when I move on from the FZ6R

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MrGti

I rode a ninja 1000. Great bike. So much fun to ride. The ninja 1000 is on my list of 3 bikes that are in the running to replace the 6r.