Wheelie

RyanChristenson

I tried but not in 2nd. Just starting trying in general and thought 2nd might be easier to practice on so as not to flip it in 1st. Want to work on the hand work without worrying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abyss1406

yeah i have, its sketchy at best only because you have to slip the clutch. but its possible

abyss1406

how? throttle only or slipping the clutch?

Fizzer6R

if you guys are able to power wheelie (just throttle, no clutch), do you have a turbo or ?:eek:

abyss1406

no, just preload, one foot on the brake peg, the other on the right passenger peg, lift up of the seat, cut the throttle a bit, yank back on the handlebars and throttle away. 1st gear rolling at 10 mile or so at 3500 to 4000 rpm

RyanChristenson

I have been working with clutching. Have done only once or twice doing just straight throttle. Didn't feel comfortable doing it that.

abyss1406

yeah, same here, although i feel more at ease when just using the throttle as opposed to slipping the clutch

RyanChristenson

I was shocked last night when it came that far off the ground cause I've seen few you tube videos of people trying in their fz6r and they normally only got wheel maybe a foot off the ground.

abyss1406

any bike, no matter how heavy can pop a wheelie when the perfect conditions exist, now controlling it is a different animal

Last edited:

travisH3

I'm too scared lol. I've been riding since I was 16 but never had the guts to attempt riding 1 wheel lol. Now my quad I can ride a wheelie for days lol

abyss1406

find a gradual up hill slope

blkbrd

Elite Member

RyanChristenson

I'm starting to think a good 2nd gear wheelie isn't gonna happen on this bike. Not quite enough power. I've tried to clutch it between 3k-6k and drop it around 8-9k.