what age is every one ?

40...I got my Blue FZ6R a month ago. She's my first bike and I love her! Just started learning and have only been out 3 times to practice in a parking lot a couple blocks from my house. My MSF course starts Monday! I'm off from work all week, so I hope to do a LOT of riding! :D
I think the FZ6R is a great 1st bike as well as a bike you won't out grow any time soon.
I wish I had started riding years ago! Boy was I missing out!
CAS, I'm 41 and just started riding a year and a half ago and the FZ6R is my first bike as well and love it. I went to the MSF course for free on a military base. I had a blast on the Ninja 250 I trained on but after the course I knew the Ninja 250 wasn't for me and went straight for the FZ6R. Have fun and hope you don't drop the bike in school, LOL

Y

yellowfz

51 , been riding since I was 16 , MX racing , several street bikes from just about every Japanese bike maker , well except Harley (shhhh don't tell them Harley's are mostly METRIC TO) . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whatever

06/13/1958

born on friday the 13th

i named my only son jason, we both like scary movies

corwin06

just turned 18 this is my first bike. put the down payment on it with my graduation money and i think its a pretty awesome bike:thumbup:

MC#4

20 years old. This is my fourth bike, I am in the process of selling my 03 R1 right now. I am a little surprised that the older guys are buying this bike... no offense, I thought of it more as entry level but maybe not?

pete

This summer I bought my first bike.. a 99 TW200..3500 KMs in 6 weeks. July 28 was my 50th birthday and the day I got my 2006 FZ6 on the road. Wow this bike is fun and so easy to handle through the twisties... and that powerband...MMMM. This is the perfect bike for me at any age.
Pete

motomc2

Hi MC#4. I guess I'm part of the older crowd...I guess :).. I've been riding for

years. I have an 06 hayabusa, zx14 and a ragged out FZ1. Love the Busa's...it's my 4th. That being said...I also like slightly smaller bikes as well. I traded an 07 YZF600R in on the FZ6R today. Riding position on the YZF600R is really comfortable, but the FZ6R is one of the most comfortable bikes I've ridden in the light-middleweight category. Be honest....I pretty much like all bikes and will ride just about any given the chance. My riding buddy for many years now has a zx14, sv1000 and a 929. He plans on buying one of those 130 mph scooters to mess around on :)

HER2009

I'll be 59 in September. I just sold my 2006 FJR. What a great way to enjoy middle age! Or is that old age now? Who cares!! :D

Last edited:

redxj6

i will be 56 in october. the xj6s is my second since coming back fro 20+plus year off riding. i started back iwth a ducati st2 but after a couple of month, traded it in for the xj6s/fz6r. i like it a lot. got a k&n air filter put in, heated grips cos its winter down under now, and a electronic fueller jet kit like a juice box -- works great with the k&n -- throttle response sharper along with acceleration. tech says response quite close to fz6 and just a bit off r6 -- have to go by his word but it certainly feels stronger getting up the revs, and smother. might convince me to move to a plus 1 on the front sprocket. about to add some braided brake lines to the front discs this week.
biking life started in late teens with 100cc yamaha twin two stroker, went to honda 450 twin - lots of power with half race cams but brakes and ground clearance were awful, bmw r90s, gsx1100, kawasaki gpz 750 turbo, a yamaha 350 ypvs water cooled twin (great bike, would wheelie coming out of corners easy) and then the honda 750 v-4 interceptor, and a kawasaki gpz550 which was my comeback ride after a year off recovering from crash on interceptor!
i have access to a buell and a harley roadster now but the xj6s is about where i like to be now. looking at firmer springs for the front forks and better tyres once the stock ones are gone - they are worst part of the bike really -- i think it will be a great ride then.:)

columbus2382

im 30 on 2nd bike first was some chinese 200 only rode for few weeks then got my fz6r so this one kinda like my first

DocFZ

Just turned 22. 3rd bike. Whos the youngest?

TrueBlue

first bike .... :p

Last edited:

gilesc

50 here. Had lots of bikes over 40 years of riding. Currently have an 08 FZ6 which suits me better than all the others (with the possible exception of my 73 Z1-900). Since Yamaha has discontinued the FZ6 here in the US I am keeping my eye on the FZ6R as a possible replacement. I find that I don't really need/use the additional HP that the FZ6 is supposed to have over the R. I very much enjoy reading all the interesting posts from so many riders.