Well she got me at a stop sign!!!!!!

bikerchick13

It started out a good morning yesterday on my way to work til I got to a stop sign about 8 or 9 miles from my house.I was the 4th vehic in a line of 6.
As we eased up to the sign and each taking their turn to go,when it was my turn to stop and go I did so,but as I began to take off the Jeep Grand Cherokee behind me reached out and grabed me.I was in forward motion and came to a complete stop with a jeep sitting on my back wheel and my fender bent.Rode home after taking it to the dealer to get fixed Monday.A really great rule of thumb make sure the other party hasen't let their ins.laps?!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:View attachment 18591

View attachment 18592

View attachment 18593

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ArkAngel06

I don't get why there has been like so many rear endings on the forums recently. It makes me not want to ride.:eek:

bikerchick13

yes I am very THANKFUL.The state trooper said that most of the time when he gets calls about bikes it's usualy not good.I pray everytime I ride.But the girl that ran into me,her floormat was in front of her brake and she wasn't able to get to it in time the forth time she had to use it.And then after the police report was done and everyone was gone the insurance comp.let me know that her ins. lapsed 9 days before.So now I have to use uninsured motorist with a deductable of $250.But I'm still here in one piece and my bike can be fixed.Thank You JESUS!!!:D

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bikerchick13

It looks ok but I don't know if it warped it or not felt fine going home and the tire looks ok,but the dealer will have to check it out.I have told the ins.comp.that their could be damage to the wheel and tire so they are prob going to change it for a new one.The back tire was wedged in the front end so tight that my bike didn't need the kickstand to hold it up.And when she backed her car up it was pulling me back with it,had to hold the brake to break loose from her car.My tire bent up her radiator.Half of the tire was under her bumper.

neshi

well if its just the fender i have my stock still yours if you want to email me a FedEx/ups/USPS label

bikerchick13

thanks for the offer, I may go with a fender eliminator.Just haven't gotten around to any mods, just enjoying the ride.I'm more concerned about the tire and wheel, the panels beside the seat were scratched also from the reflectors.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bikerchick13

Thanks,and she was watching me as her car ran into the back of my bike,her tag was out of date also,ran out the first of April(only a warning for that.) But the ins.will be taking her to small claims,I only have to pay $250,and when they sue her they will mail me the $250(reimbursment.) You know the crazy thing was I wasn't nervous or mad just a little disappointed my bike was not in pristine condition any more.But it can be fixed.

Heineken

Elite Member

bikerchick13

Yes thats true even the bikes we love were brought by a truck.Alot of people don't like big trucks kinda like the bad wrap sportbikers get huh.

Heineken

Elite Member

bikerchick13

Yes I have slept about 30mins.on a 6hr run before.I was still driving but could not keep my eyes open.I was local so we don't get to pull over for naps. When it gets dark my system is ready to sleep,thats why I'm local and work days only.Straight trucks have it ruff too.Those fed-ex custom critical drivers burn the midnight oil too.:thumbup:

TOMIK

Thanks God that you are fine , the rest is all can replace,I always think about getting rear ended, lets all pray and ride safely.

MikeN02

Maybe she hated the fender too! :justkidding:

Glad you're all right. I've been watching my mirrors closely these past few weeks just in case.

Detrich

ack sorry to hear it happened, but good to know you're not hurt and the damage is minimal....