Vicious Driver and Several Close Calls

Teh

Well, I'm hoping I'm posting this in a proper place... Thank you everyone.

Unbelievable how some drivers can be so vicious against bikers.

Cold Winter Close Calls on Carpool Lane - SF Bay Area I-80 - YouTube

I realized that some people may not watch the vicious driver towards the end. I slowed down after almost getting hit and the carpool cheater had to follow my speed. She got mad and tried to run me down again. Unbelievable! Her license was on the video but what can I do about it? The video is less than 2 minutes, and I appreciate your time and comments. Thank you.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow... assholes.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

Looks just like my daily commute here in Seattle, just less lane splitting and more rain.

About half the miles on 6R are in HOV lane. It's always sketchy when the HOV lane is moving at 70 MPH and the rest of the lanes are stopped only to have someone pull right in front of you with no signal.

FastFreddy

You've got to watch them like a hawk.
Sometimes I need a cigarette when I first get to work.
Sometimes by not going too fast, its a catch 22, they see you going slightly slower, so pull out anyway, but if you go too fast, you won't be able to stop safely if they do pull out.

Now I know what those diamonds are for, I was getting some funny looks when I was driving in that lane by myself in LA, I'm thinking "LA traffic isn't that bad, what do they worry about"

I wish I had the incident this week on camera, there were cars coming from each which way and direction for a moment there, I basically braked hard while they were switching back and forth, then the sea opened and I got out of there whatever the speed limit was.

Last edited:

Fizzi6ergal

I watched a youtube video yesterday where the motorcyclist and the driver were in some sort of argument and the motorcyclist kicked the car and the driver actually ran him and his bike over while ramming their car into other peoples cars just to run him over. The rider was ok, he got up and marched towards the vehicle then the video shows the rider on the hood of the car and the car rammed into a light pole. It was insane! Luckily, where I live the road rage isn't too bad between bikers and cagers.

Roaddawg

I use to commute 80 from Napa to SF for 2 1/2 years 98% on my bike...and, I never had that many incidents like you have. I actually thought riding to Sacramento was worse.

CtrlAltDl

Sometimes by not going too fast, its a catch 22, they see you going slightly slower, so pull out anyway, but if you go too fast, you won't be able to stop safely if they do pull out.

Totally! If your going too slow you get other HOV vehicles on your ass, so if you do have to stop for some d'bag pulling in front of you are going to get run over from behind.

My strategy consists of riding in the right side of the lane so everyone ahead of you can see you with your high-beam on. Not to close to the car in front of you and wave off the cars behind you. It also helps tremendously to remove your muffler and keep it in 2nd gear at 60 MPH. :D

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

BoneJj

wow, I just don't know what I would do if I had to ride in those kinds of conditions.

That's just insane!

You guys would be puzzled at how nice it is to ride the roads around here with people that may be bad but aren't nearly, by any means, as bad as these people. That's just insane.

On a side note, that video smoother crap really messed up your text on your video.

Teh

You've got to watch them like a hawk.
Sometimes I need a cigarette when I first get to work.

Now I know what those diamonds are for, I was getting some funny looks when I was driving in that lane by myself in LA, I'm thinking "LA traffic isn't that bad, what do they worry about"

I wish I had the incident this week on camera, there were cars coming from each which way and direction for a moment there, I basically braked hard while they were switching back and forth, then the sea opened and I got out of there whatever the speed limit was.

I agree with your catch 22 comments above.

Good thing no LA CHP gets you a traffic violation ticket. It is very expensive.

Yes, I was down once because another bike cut in front of me. It turned out the my video camera was off :(

Teh

I watched a youtube video yesterday where the motorcyclist and the driver were in some sort of argument and the motorcyclist kicked the car and the driver actually ran him and his bike over while ramming their car into other peoples cars just to run him over. The rider was ok, he got up and marched towards the vehicle then the video shows the rider on the hood of the car and the car rammed into a light pole. It was insane! Luckily, where I live the road rage isn't too bad between bikers and cagers.

Yes, just as I replied to jspansel, some people do have so much hatred, anger, and a huge ego and it comes out when they drive. I'm glad it is not too bad where you are.

Teh

wow, I just don't know what I would do if I had to ride in those kinds of conditions.

That's just insane!

You guys would be puzzled at how nice it is to ride the roads around here with people that may be bad but aren't nearly, by any means, as bad as these people. That's just insane.

On a side note, that video smoother crap really messed up your text on your video.

BoneJj, thanks for your comments. It was my 2nd winter of commuting to San Francisco. I guess I was blessed during my 1st winter with not major incident like these. I take them as wake up calls (but definitely cannot have too many of them). My very good co-worker is about to move to FL and I'm glad that the 'driving against riding' is better there -

BoneJj

BoneJj, thanks for your comments. It was my 2nd winter of commuting to San Francisco. I guess I was blessed during my 1st winter with not major incident like these. I take them as wake up calls (but definitely cannot have too many of them). My very good co-worker is about to move to FL and I'm glad that the 'driving against riding' is better there -

well, it depends on what part of florida he will be moving to. I live kind of in a very rural area. I'm not very close to the major populated areas of florida so the roads aren't as packed as they are in the areas like miami, tampa, naples, jacksonville.

So it all depends on what area he is actually going to.

Teh

well, it depends on what part of florida he will be moving to. I live kind of in a very rural area. I'm not very close to the major populated areas of florida so the roads aren't as packed as they are in the areas like miami, tampa, naples, jacksonville.

So it all depends on what area he is actually going to.

Hello Jeff,
I just happened to click on your link floridastreetscene.com, and it is another BBS! I read just the top part, interesting. I may browse more later :)
My good co-worker is moving to Siesta beach Florida which I guess it is very touristy, so it must be crowded there.

BoneJj

Hello Jeff,
I just happened to click on your link floridastreetscene.com, and it is another BBS! I read just the top part, interesting. I may browse more later :)
My good co-worker is moving to Siesta beach Florida which I guess it is very touristy, so it must be crowded there.

Yes, that's the forum I run for Florida. We have a good number of members and lately have been picking up new members as well. that's always a nice thing.

He's actually only about an hour north of me if he's going to be moving their. That's a very nice area that he will be in. It is near enough civilization that he wont be driven mad by lack of things to do but not close enough to the really insane areas. Though he will be able to visit tampa and other areas as desired as he'll only be about an hour from those places as well.

Siesta Key is quite the expensive area to live in so I'm sure he wont have to put up with the ingrates and degenerates. I personally could never live their though, I don't like being packed in like those houses are. I like having a nice open yard and distance between me and my neighbors. I don't like having to worry about spitting and hitting someone else's land... lol.

What kind of bike does your friend ride?

Teh

Yes, that's the forum I run for Florida. We have a good number of members and lately have been picking up new members as well. that's always a nice thing.

He's actually only about an hour north of me if he's going to be moving their. That's a very nice area that he will be in. It is near enough civilization that he wont be driven mad by lack of things to do but not close enough to the really insane areas. Though he will be able to visit tampa and other areas as desired as he'll only be about an hour from those places as well.

Siesta Key is quite the expensive area to live in so I'm sure he wont have to put up with the ingrates and degenerates. I personally could never live their though, I don't like being packed in like those houses are. I like having a nice open yard and distance between me and my neighbors. I don't like having to worry about spitting and hitting someone else's land... lol.

What kind of bike does your friend ride?

Thank you for your reply, Jeff.
Yes, your forum looks well run, well organize from the warning at the beginning about spam.

Yes, that what my friend was saying about the location he is choosing. However, his plan is very flexible. And I'm with you on living in a crowded neighborhood, really. Where I live has a bit more space to walk around.

He is a very good friend, the one who encouraged me to ride. He ride HD Roadking and V-Rod.

Teh

Wow, I'm happy we don't have to deal with crap like that in Michigan.

I am glad that Michigan drivers are more kind and more relax. I think the SF Bay area is quite crowded, either a lot of people are competing to have more 'things'. or just to survive. Therefore, the stress level is generally high, and it shows when they drive. Thank you for your comment :)