vacation without my bike :(

latony007

i have vacation planned up in Lake Tahoe June 9-13th and i am already dreading having to go without my bike :(
Looks like there is so many great areas to ride too. there is a harley dealer that will rent bikes but its 45 minutes away and its 200 a day for a harley which i would really rather have a sport bike.

I want to look into a trailer to haul it with me next time but i also dont have a car really capable of pulling one anymore.

Anyone else get pissed at having to leave their bike behind and what solutions have you come up with?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I converted my 07 ford focus to be my "pickup truck" when needing to move the bike around....I put a trailer hitch on it and bought a 1200# harbor freight trailer...

So when the weather is good i can take it along!
harbor freight huh? i will have to check into that. i dont currently have anything other than a gas sucking motorhome with a hitch but its worth looking into. if i can find something that will hold my brothers can am spyder i can probably get him to go in on it with me.

Ride it there.
trust me i thought of it but its 7-8 hours each way (enough to pass through about 8 states over there :) and my wife isnt too crazy about having to drive the whole thing by herself if i ride.

Hey you know what i mean, arent you coming out here and renting a bike next month?

i did find a place that has razor or atv rides through the rubicon, i may have to get my fix that way.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MegaManX

Most any car can be a tow car. My (now-totaled) Volkswagen GTI was great bike transport!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

FastFreddy

Next you'll be saying that its a family gathering for the whole week.

I've been there. Apparently I'm number 2 son now, my mum used to introduce me to her friends as the "number 1 son" in front of my older brother 10 years ago, he'd always go for a smoke when she said that.

Last edited: