Two Bros Exhaust Question

Likquid

My mechanic just called and said that there is no "oxygen sensor hole" in the exhaust and that the engine light will be on if it is installed as is.

Has anyone had this problem when getting the exhaust installed on their bike or know what i should go back and tell my mechanic?

Regards

It wont set off any check engine lights. I have it, no 02 installed, and no check engine light :). Unless your bike is different being in a different country?

Would there be a difference between the 09 and the 10 model? The exhaust states that it fits the 09 - 11 models.

I have the 2010 fz6r.

Yeah....if its not cadmium your last.

the TB will not have the O2 sensor the 6r in the USA do not /come with the sensor on them just the euripien(can't spell brain fart) models have a O2 sensor.

sorry may you get it mod to fit it

In AUS we got an oxy sensor for sure. The TBR really need to be installed together with a Juice Box or similar engine management system. A juice box will take over the job of the oxy sensor, which you would probably tuck up under the fairings as it will be useless.

As someone mentioned welding in a bung to your new exhaust could work but you would have to make a hole in one of the header pipes or collector.

Got everything installed and it is working fine. Thanks for the replies!

The only issue now is the frequent pops when decellerating!

The pops have always been there, you just never heard them. Leave as is or if you don't like it, block off the air injection system that feeds air to the exhaust. There's probably threads here somewhere on how to do it.

It says on the two bros site not to dyno the bike with a carbon fibre exhaust. Does anyone know what should be done then?

It says on the two bros site not to dyno the bike with a carbon fibre exhaust. Does anyone know what should be done then?
Thats because the heat will burn the composite that makes up the carbon fiber. I would aim a big electric fan at the can while on the dyno. But don't blame me if it burns up anyway.

Back