Turn signal modifications

Pinarello Rider

Could someone 'splain to me the turn signal modifications that you all are doing? I agree that our bikes looks a little gnarly with the lights hanging all the way out like they do, but in my admittedly convoluted mind this seems to be a safety should trump fashion issue. Aren't you at all concerned that a cagers momentary lack of recognition could be life or death for you?

I could be missing something here - that's why I'm asking.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

leds

I tried the ones Link used but I didn't like the way they mounted, you had to use either the sticky pad they gave you, (which seemed pretty solid actually but after weather/time...) or drill a couple small holes. The ones Scott has I got and they have much better visibility from the front than I thought they would and fit in the stock hole with just a screw/nut and they will also function as running lights. I also added mirrors with the turn signals built in to increase visibility and I think they look great but the stems are too short and restrict some vision right behind you so im looking at some others with signals built in.

Attachments

xleeb0y13x

You can get rid of the fugly stock turns and still be seen. I went with speed metal led turns and they look much better are way smaller and brighter than stock. I put the same ones in back and they work great with the Motodynamics taillight. Flush mounts are just good looking. Here's mineImageUploadedByTapatalk1376585586.544533.jpg

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

latony007

don't know if I would call those flush mount but they def. look better than the stock which stick out way to far.

xleeb0y13x

don't know if I would call those flush mount but they def. look better than the stock which stick out way to far.
My bad. I just re read what I wrote. No their not flush mounts lol. But yes there much smaller. Maybe inch and a half by 3/4 inch.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

Pinarello Rider

I tried the ones Link used but I didn't like the way they mounted, you had to use either the sticky pad they gave you, (which seemed pretty solid actually but after weather/time...) or drill a couple small holes. The ones Scott has I got and they have much better visibility from the front than I thought they would and fit in the stock hole with just a screw/nut and they will also function as running lights. I also added mirrors with the turn signals built in to increase visibility and I think they look great but the stems are too short and restrict some vision right behind you so im looking at some others with signals built in.
I really like that Tony - I can see what you mean about better visibility from all angles now. Couple the flush mount with those mirrors, and you've got it all covered.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

trying gsxr

im going to try the GSXR mirror with signal built in, although I love the ones I have and think they look awesome and have already saved me from leaving the blinkers on a few times (they have that forward facing tiny light that lets you know they are on) the visablilty behind you is next to nothing because I think the stems are too short. If you had a super sport with those micro handlebars below the tank those mirrors would probably be perfect. If that doesn't work im going with the LEDs in the scoops like scott.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

spacing

yeah the spacing was 1.65" which seems about right. I read a post saying they for sure fit but you never know. Looks like you can get a set for only like 30$ so figured worth the try. I have everything wired for the exisiting lights I have, so should be just a few minutes to change them out. Will let you know.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

no problem

No problemo, ordered them today and the place is only about 60 miles away so i should have them early next week.

What did you have to goto an inspector for? I dont think we have to do that here. Which would surprise me, any excuse to suck our money here.