Trip to Phoenix

ajones70

We are planning a 7 day trip to Phoenix in December and Im wondering if anyone can suggest some great places to visit/eat/shop etc......probably staying in hotel in Scottsdale. Thanks guys:D
Will catch a Coyotes game while there ....wow are tickets unbelievably crazy cheap!!!! Oh yea, almost forgot to add that we wont be on bikes as they are winterized now so will be renting a car when we get to airport .......

Ravinx

We are planning a 7 day trip to Phoenix in December and Im wondering if anyone can suggest some great places to visit/eat/shop etc......probably staying in hotel in Scottsdale. Thanks guys:D
Will catch a Coyotes game while there ....wow are tickets unbelievably crazy cheap!!!! Oh yea, almost forgot to add that we wont be on bikes as they are winterized now so will be renting a car when we get to airport .......
Let me know when you are here. I live in scottsdale

ajones70

Will do for sure! Planning around mid december depends about what dates for time off work

Ravinx

Will do for sure! Planning around mid december depends about what dates for time off work
Cool there is a bunch to do out here. Sat nights is bike/car show night at the pavilions here. Great bunch of people and it would be cool to not be the only one there with an fz6. tonight lone I got the "They still make those!" line like 5 times.

ajones70

We are flying out and renting a car. Not sure what time flight gets in yet on the saturday as we are hopefully booking tomorrow if our time off request from work is approved. That would be cool to see tho for sure!
What else is there to do?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

ajones70

A Few suggestions (just my two cents)

Hall of Flame - Hall Of Flame - Nation Historical Fire Foundation
Desert Botanical Garden - (girlfriend/wife approved) - Visit the Desert Botanical Garden | Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ
Commemorative Air Force Museum - Airbase Arizona of the Commemorative Air Force
If you are able to travel down to Tucson, there is a GREAT aircraft museum (wear a good pair of walking shoes) - Home : Pima Air & Space Museum : Tucson, Arizona
Heard Museum - (girlfriend/wife approved) - Heard Museum: American Indian Art and History
Very Unique - MIM - (girlfriend/wife approved) - Musical Instrument Museum | Plan Your Visit
Wrigley Mansion - (girlfriend/wife approved) - Welcome > Wrigley Mansion
Scottsdale International Auto Museum - Scottsdale International Auto Museum

Have Fun!!
Thanks!! The botanical gardens was somewhere we found last nite and def plan on going there...willcheck out the other places today! Thanks so much!! We are thinking of going to Tucson. Is it worth going over the border to mexico for a day trip or is it a hassle?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

ajones70

This is just my opinion, but I'm not a big fan of Mexico.

At the time I went, I was dating a woman who was originally from Mexico, she spoke spanish and knew where it was "OK" to go and where to stay away from.

I think you'll be much happier in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tuscon.

Again, this is just my two cents... Others may disagree with me, but this is just MY opinion.

By the way if you like steak, please check out Durant's (phoenix) (its a little pricey, but the steaks are sooooo good) Durants
We need more than 7days lol!!! Checked out the airforce museum. OMG!! Thats gonna take us 5 days! Lol....def on our to do list. Hubby is Canadian Air Force (ex British Navy too) and I love planes so its somewhere we will go for sure....Wrigleys Mansion will be a real neat place to go for supper one nite. I love steak hes not so much but will see if we can get to Durants....
Yea we are abit leary going over the border so i needed to ask...99% sure we will stay State side...gonna be coming home needeing another vacation lol!!
Really appreciate the suggestions. Gives us some great starting points for sure. I like to have an idea of whats around when going somewhere new :D:D

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

ajones70

If your husband is Canadian Air Force... You HAVE to check out the Pima Air Museum. There is EVERYTHING there... Next door is AMARC Experience - What is AMARG? which is military aricraft storage, so that museum gets a lot of planes and its HUGE!!
Again, bring a good pair of walking shoes...
We will need a month to get round that place lmao!! Looks like an awesome place to see tho for sure!!!

latony007

Its funny because I was going to tell you in your other post about the winter weather that you need to move to phoenix lol. Be careful a week of winter weather out there and you might not be going back home!
Gotta really love the military to serve in two countries lol. Have a great time its a very nice city. They have a great race track out there, id try and get one of those drive schools :)

ajones70

Its funny because I was going to tell you in your other post about the winter weather that you need to move to phoenix lol. Be careful a week of winter weather out there and you might not be going back home!
Gotta really love the military to serve in two countries lol. Have a great time its a very nice city. They have a great race track out there, id try and get one of those drive schools :)
Too funny! Yes its gonna be tempting no doubt to leave a hot place to return to the Tundra ..it was -15(c) here today...
Yes, 20yrs Royal Navy in UK and 11yrs Canadian Air Force to date...... Would be cool to see the race track but I dunno if we will have time unless we dont sleep for 7 days lmao.....will be coming home in need of a vacation from the vacation!!! Lol

latony007

Too funny! Yes its gonna be tempting no doubt to leave a hot place to return to the Tundra ..it was -15(c) here today...
Yes, 20yrs Royal Navy in UK and 11yrs Canadian Air Force to date...... Would be cool to see the race track but I dunno if we will have time unless we dont sleep for 7 days lmao.....will be coming home in need of a vacation from the vacation!!! Lol
That is when you know you had a great vacation, when you need a resting vacation when you get home. Hope you have a great time!

ajones70

That is when you know you had a great vacation, when you need a resting vacation when you get home. Hope you have a great time!
Im sure we will!! Thanks!! Shame the bikes arent coming.... Fingers crossed for a trip somewhere Next summer on them!!!!