Traded her in-FZ6R to GSXR 600

Fzara2000

Put a deposit down today, picking her up next weekend! Got a great trade in value on my FZ, even though it was slightly dropped. I'll be nervous driving it home next week but I should be ok, they're installing a lowering link as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367702310.667424.jpg
'11 GSXR 600
~5k miles
Yoshimura CF exhaust

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

DakinechicK

Congrats! Looks just like mine.

RoadTrip

Gixxer Sixxer, brah! Been loving mine for past couple of years. Congrats!

If you put the time in on the FZ6R, you should have no problem on the gixxer; it is a very well behaved bike, but with plenty of growing room.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Well, Suzuki got the 0% for 5yrs deal through end of May, and seems like they are keeping inventory stocked - so, yeah, JT and Marthy may be gixxer boys by Summer if ya'll keep hanging around the dealerships.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

RoadTrip

A year ago I sat on lots of SS and thought it was insane. Yesterday sat on a bunch and loved them all!! If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd try to trade for a GSXR600 or a CBR600rr. Guy at the dealer said they are both the easier to drive and comfier of the bunch. Would only feel the difference on a racetrack, so for daily duty which one looks/feels best.

I envy you. I want one!!! Its bad when you wake up thinking of another bike. Thank God FZs can't get jealous!
Ha ha, yeah, I went the 'ask for forgiveness, instead of permission' route with the wife on the gixxer upgrade - I kept mentioning it, and warning, then just went out and did it, she wasn't as mad as I thought. Luckily I haven't felt any particular need to change from the gsxr600 in 2 yrs, and would likely just go to another '6', either the new ZX6R or 675R just to change flavors. A 600 is plenty fast enough for me, and I ain't payin $1400/yr insurance for a liter (vs $600/yr for a 600).

Fzara2000

Ha ha, yeah, I went the 'ask for forgiveness, instead of permission' route with the wife on the gixxer upgrade - I kept mentioning it, and warning, then just went out and did it, she wasn't as mad as I thought. Luckily I haven't felt any particular need to change from the gsxr600 in 2 yrs, and would likely just go to another '6', either the new ZX6R or 675R just to change flavors. A 600 is plenty fast enough for me, and I ain't payin $1400/yr insurance for a liter (vs $600/yr for a 600).

Funny you say that...I was looking at insurance quotes last night and they came out to ~$700/yr. for full comprehensive with Rider.com. Obviously I can still afford it but just saying, I don't think I could go (or would want to) to a liter bike in the future because of the insurance costs.

For those wondering, the GSXR was $8500 (incl. the Yoshi full carbon fiber exhaust) and a lowering link, and I got $4k on my trade-in considering it has ~6500 miles and some small damage from the drop (chipped mirror, chipped handlebar, 1/2" scrape on fairing.

I'm still suprised at how it all went down yesterday. They didn't even turn on the bike to verify mileage, just wrote it down on the purchase order. Nor did they do a thorough inspection. We'll see what happens next weekend!

arse

I'm 26 years old and just insured a 04 cbr1000rr for 300/yr full coverage. It really spikes when you go new. I got Lucky and found a garage queen with 4k on the clock :)

Fzara2000

I'll be 29 this year with no accidents or tickets or points since 4 years ago and this is a used '11 600cc with 4900 miles...who did you insure with??

arse

State Farm. The bike is valued at 5k with a $500 deductible. Only thing on my record is a speeding ticket within 4 years.

Fzara2000

Update - bike still isn't ready and dealer appears to be playing games or is flat out incompetent.

May 4 - I signed the contract and gave a $500 non-refundable deposit. Agreed to the bike "as is" + a lowering link which was written on the contract and was to be installed prior to delivery (so I can drive it home).

May 10 - Called the sales rep because I didn't hear from him all week and whether the bike was prepped or not and ready for delivery. He says it's prepped and ready.

May 11 - Pouring rain, decided not to go to the dealer to take delivery.

May 15 - Text sales rep to confirm that the bike is lowered in preparation of taking delivery the next day. He doesn't think any lowering link was written on the contract. Says he will double check at 2:30pm but I don't hear back from him the rest of the day.

May 16 - Denies the link was on the contract. After some back and forth, says he had the wrong stock number and agrees the lowering link is included in price. He tells me that I was supposed to tell them which lowering link to order and have them install. I call BS, he talks to his manager/svc department and they order it and say it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, the week of the 20th.

He tells me I can pick up the bike and come back in a week or two to have the link installed, but I tell him that this would be counter-intuitive.

Today - I receive a bill from Amex for my non-refundable deposit of $500.

I'll give it till tomorrow or Thursday, but now i'm wondering if I can cancel the contract and dispute my deposit, with hopefully no impact to my credit report. Maybe i'm impatient but i'm completely turned off with how long this is taking. What do you guys think?

Rishi

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

SurfJunkie

I would have rode it home the day i signed the papers.
Bring it back when the link was there/ready to be installed, or just get the link from them and install it myself/take it to a shop who isn't an idiot like the stealership.

Fzara2000

On the phone now. Sales rep. says says link was on backorder but received it 30 min. ago. Will be installed tomorrow or Wednesday and I can take delivery on Friday. 1.5" drop (which I can adjust later on obviously)

Offering me a warranty through Zurick Company.
6 months for $499
$717 for 1 year
$756 for 2 years
$762 for 3 years

or

$100 for 30 days
covers everything for 30 days except oil.

I'm thinking of taking the 30 day warranty just for peace of mind..

Last edited: