To tint the headlight or not to tint...

mike1000

...the headlight? That is the question. I want it to match my smoked windscreen and smoked blinkers. I'm concerned that it will hinder my ability to be seen tho. I could run with the high beam on all the time. Please give your comments and concerns! What do you think?

JonKerr

Elite Member

Speedv1

Imo that's a bad idea. On a car, if you choose to do that at least you're larger, have 2 distinct set of lights and so on, but on a bike, if someone misses that single beam and you're hit.. well that's it. Being seen is your friend, don't compromise that.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

stevet

You and your bike look a whole lot better in one piece. Tinting safety items and reducing their effectiveness is an accident waiting to happen. We all just want you to keep safe Mike.

Sage

I would like the look, but I wouldn't ever risk doing it on my motorcycle, that is the only thing that makes you noticeable to oncoming traffic.

ry-mac75

Worst. Idea. EVER!

sammy56

Black out everything on the bike and take off any reflectors!! Install a "Bat Mobile" button so when you encounter some danger you can simply hit the bottom and launch into the air, ultimately landing safely on either a building or a surprisingly unoccupied part of any road. Should work great and would be a real hit at charity rides.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

porky45

Don't let looks compromise your most effective way of being seen.

mike1000

Black out everything on the bike and take off any reflectors!! Install a "Bat Mobile" button so when you encounter some danger you can simply hit the bottom and launch into the air, ultimately landing safely on either a building or a surprisingly unoccupied part of any road. Should work great and would be a real hit at charity rides.

LB
lol...I like where your heads at dude! Keep up the passion. How much air do you think i should try for before entering the surprisingly unoccupied part of the road? Get back to me on that asap!

MikeN02

Even with this setup you would need a brighter light output then just high beams. I would suggest H.i.d (High Intensity Discharge). Brightest lights that I know of for vehicles right now. Maybe a 5k or 6k.

mike1000

Even with this setup you would need a brighter light output then just high beams. I would suggest H.i.d (High Intensity Discharge). Brightest lights that I know of for vehicles right now. Maybe a 5k or 6k.
Do you have HID on your bike and if you do what kit is it? What kit would you recommend?

MikeN02

Do you have HID on your bike and if you do what kit is it? What kit would you recommend?
Yeah I had it on my FZ6-R, the 6,000k kit. Now I have the R6 with the 6,000k H.i.D with projectors/angel eyes in them.

Bought mine from kryptonbulbs.com, he's a website sponsor of the R6 forum and has great customer service. You just need to look up your bulb type, plug it in and mount the ballasts.

Light output depends on how much you want, 5,000k is crystal white, 6,000 is white with a tint of blue haven't seen the others but 8,000 is really blue.

6R Blackout

Tint

No man I will agree that is not a good idea.You want to be seen as much as you can..

the dark knight

i have been riding for a month now with the headlight tinted.i ride at night and day. installing h.i.d. is a must though. the bike looks great. i get alot of turned heads coming my way. i guess the can see me. i actually have the batman sticker on my bike :)and i'm getting the cape next week. haha. and another thing, drivers don't care about motorist. a girl in my class said she wishes she could bump those bikes that split lanes. another friend of mine told me to be careful because he has trouble seeing motorcycles on the road. everyone uses their phone while driving. bottom line, always ride with caution. regardless of how visible you may or may not be. just stay alert, search, evaluate and execute. peace