Tire?

Kdubb223

Search?.... Lots of good discussions/debates on tire sizes. IMO stick with stock sizes or only go up to a 170. I have bt-023s on and so far they have been amazing.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

skyrider1977

I have a 180 on my bike and I like how it handles and how it makes the bike look. Looks more like a "real crotch rocket", like an R6 or something like that. I got my raven from trading a supermoto I had. It had the 180 rear on it already. I will definitely keep it on there. Just my personal preference. I am trying to make my bike more like a "race bike" than a touring bike. Just my 2cents

darksidefz6r

It depends a lot on what kind of riding you do and how much you want to spend. You can fit a 180 and I run one but when I have to buy tires again I will be going down to a 170.

applejax

I have a 180 on my bike and I like how it handles and how it makes the bike look. Looks more like a "real crotch rocket", like an R6 or something like that. I got my raven from trading a supermoto I had. It had the 180 rear on it already. I will definitely keep it on there. Just my personal preference. I am trying to make my bike more like a "race bike" than a touring bike. Just my 2cents
Its like dressing up a hybrid to look like a muscle car.

If you want your tourer to look like a sports bike, then get a sports bike.

There is no point in trying to make the 6r something it's not. I trust that Yamaha knew the correct tire size for this motorcycle.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Fenixgoon

i'm rocking Dunlop SQ2's. used them for a track day and they were great. i probably could have pushed the bike more than i did. can't wait to hit the track again :)

btw, stick with 160/60/17. yamaha designed the bike with that tire size for a reason. if it were better to go to 180 or 190, that's what they would have done.