ticket- it was bound to happen

bmw675

Well, I got stopped for speeding today. :banghead: Its been almost 9 years since my last ticket. Both times they were by state patrol and both times i got a ticket out of it.

Unfortunatly they were set up at the bottom of a very long, steep hill on interstate, and got me when I was at a higher speed. :spank:

On the bright side, I wasn't the only one on the side of the road. I was just 1 of 3 at the time that got picked up.

CrazyCawi

details?.....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bmw675

Details:

Left the new bass pro in peoria, IL (terrible in comparison to others btw)
went to go around this prius that i was unsure was going to make it up the next hill :p and boom, they were set up at the rest area at the bottom.

Wrote it at 81 in a 65 even though he said he had me at 86. (that WAS nice of him). When asked how fast i thought i was going, I said 75 and he wrote that I admitted to 75 on the ticket. :mad:

I don't know if I'm going to do court supervision. mandatory court date and it is just over an hour away from me. and it's on the day I'm supposed to go to acc for my first trackday.

Some on here from IL may know where this was, east of peoria (10 miles) on interstate 74, where the rest area is.

CrazyCawi

so you have the option of traffic court/schooling or just pay the ticket? whats the fine amount?

DakinechicK

Too bad you didn't get the cop that pulled CC over.... he was lovely! ;)

bmw675

so you have the option of traffic court/schooling or just pay the ticket? whats the fine amount?
I can pay the fine through the mail, or i can apply for court supervision and appear. usually that is double the fine, which in this case, is $120. if he would would have wrote it for 86mph it would have been considerably more.

As of my first ticket, we do not do schooling here. Its 'pay extra and if you don't get stopped in the next 90 days its off your record'. but you can only do that once a year.

I wonder if i can work some magic and get it done via phone.....

bmw675

DakinechicK

so you like that dark, mysterious type. :cool:
I meant, he seemed like an exceptionally nice man in his demeanor AND let CC off with just a warning. But, yes... dark and mysterious is always good! :D

kevin8198

Elite Member

BoneJj

Details:

went to go around this prius that i was unsure was going to make it up the next hill :p and boom, they were set up at the rest area at the bottom.

Wrote it at 81 in a 65 even though he said he had me at 86. (that WAS nice of him). When asked how fast i thought i was going, I said 75 and he wrote that I admitted to 75 on the ticket. :mad:

I don't know if I'm going to do court supervision. mandatory court date and it is just over an hour away from me. and it's on the day I'm supposed to go to acc for my first trackday.

Some on here from IL may know where this was, east of peoria (10 miles) on interstate 74, where the rest area is.
IDK about your state but in the state of florida you are allowed to exceed the speed limit by 10mph when passing on 2 lane roads. (one lane each direction).

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Is that actually written down somewhere, or just what someone's friend's younger brother said he heard in drivers' ed class? I couldn't find any sort of reference to it in the FL DMV description code about passing.
I have seen it written in one of the statutes but I don't remember the title of it. Also I've been told by state troopers as well that I'm not allowed to exceed by more than 10mph when passing on 2 lane roads. That's what prompted me to look it up in the first place. I got hit with passing at more than 25mph over the speed limit, the officer let me off without even a written warning because he saw that the other driver had speed up to block me from passing, the other cop that was with the trooper had pulled over the other guy and I guess he got a pretty nasty ticket for his little stunt.

I thanked the officer a good couple dozen times for no ticket and went on my way home.

He was a cool dude.

EDIT: this must be the one they hit the other guy with:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=pass&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.083.html

I can't seem to find the one about passing speeds right now, my searches aren't turning up the right results.

Last edited:

bmw675

I have never heard of such a law up here. sounds like a 'judgement call' that some officers may go by, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse if asked.

It wouldn't apply in my situation anyways. I was on interstate, 2 lanes each way.

BoneJj

I have never heard of such a law up here. sounds like a 'judgement call' that some officers may go by, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse if asked.

It wouldn't apply in my situation anyways. I was on interstate, 2 lanes each way.
IDK, I remember reading it on one of the state websites, it's been a number of years though.

And yeah, you got hosed on that deal. You should have just cruised on, I don't do the speeding anymore especially on places I know the coppers love to hide out at. Like on of the bridges we have here, they like to sit a cop in a lawn chair at the top with a speed gun and then the cop on the other side pulls you over. I've seen days where they have 10 cops waiting to pull people. They get pretty hard core with it.

bmw675

Well, I went to take care of my ticket today.

Although I still have respect for the courts and what they do, I still had to chuckle about how this particular one was ran. Very informal, to say the least. I was the only one in there. (one hot girl was just walking out when i walked in). My total words were, "yes", "yes", "guilty", and "today". took a total of less than 2 minutes. all in all, 120 fine turned into 277.50 :banghead:

The most ammusing part of it, and I may just have a false image in my head b/c of tv, was the bailiff. In the clerks office, they said to take some papers up to the baliff, and i was expecting a uniformed officer/guard there. nope, a 5' tall, 90 lb, 80 year old lady. :rolleyes:

JSP

Super Moderator
Well, I went to take care of my ticket today.

Although I still have respect for the courts and what they do, I still had to chuckle about how this particular one was ran. Very informal, to say the least. I was the only one in there. (one hot girl was just walking out when i walked in). My total words were, "yes", "yes", "guilty", and "today". took a total of less than 2 minutes. all in all, 120 fine turned into 277.50 :banghead:

The most ammusing part of it, and I may just have a false image in my head b/c of tv, was the bailiff. In the clerks office, they said to take some papers up to the baliff, and i was expecting a uniformed officer/guard there. nope, a 5' tall, 90 lb, 80 year old lady. :rolleyes:

Ouch...... :banghead:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Details:

Yep, I know that area really well.

On a side note, I just saw when you posted this thread, and I was actually up there that weekend. I should have got a hold of you! :spank: