Throttle response

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Same on my new bike. I just throttle up a bit more and ride the clutch through it. Also, roll off throttle a little slower and you'll get less buck.

Adjust throttle cable. Possibly throttle body sync as well?

So, I've noticed that when I'm applying throttle it seems initial response is a little bit jerky, just the very first motion into where the throttle starts to open up. Does everyone have this problem? It makes it somewhat difficult to smoothly shift and jolts my wife when she's riding with me.

Also at what RPM's do your bikes idle?

I'm thinking of just adjusting the throttle cable until the throttle is passed the point where it is jerky and hope it doesn't raise my rpm's too high at idle.

First small line above 1000 idle setting is where it seems to be the best for throttle roll on.
Revving and feathering the clutch can help take some of the jerkiness out, to much load (weigh) on the bike and not enough RPMs is always a cause of jerking, and to tall a gear ratio is another one (+1,-2 example), both together is a definite cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the motorbike course, they say to, keep the revs at 2000 rpm and ride the clutch to do slow speed manoeuvring.

In traffic, I'm thinking more about getting ahead of the other vehicles and then merging lanes safely, when the lights go green. I suppose you wouldn't want your wife flying off the back though, like that video that got removed a few months back.

I know what you mean :
It's like I have 2 throttle positions only at slow speed, 1 barely open and 2 a bit more than barely open, then I use to clutch to keep it smooth. Once you start moving faster you can be more progressive with the throttle hand.

The air box mod made a big difference to my throttle response.

Now with Marthy Viper & PCV the throttle response is so precise,
I feel I am re-learning the bike =Very nice:D

Back