There are two types of riders...

Have you ever laid your bike down?

• Total voters

Spunky99

No problem.. The worst thing about it was they didnt even try to pull my bike out (it was half way under the armored truck) The a hole just ran it over all i could do is lay there and say COME ON MAN u seriously just did that....
He made a left turn in front of you when you had the right of way?
Then he purposely ran over your bike?
Over $1000.00 in damage here is vandalism and is a Felony is done intentionally.

I hope you got a boatload of money for that accident. You deserved it.

Duke

Does having the bike fall over from soft dirt count while you're locking your shed? Because if so, you can count me to the list... busted the reflector on the left front fork and scratched the bar end, nothing major though, a whopping $13 in damages.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Dan McLean

A load of times when i was young on the dirt, only once on the road a few years back, just trying to be a smart arse going into a corner too fast, very tight corner at that, you know that feeling when you go "oh shit I ant gonna make it" and everything goes so slow but nowt you can do? yup that was me.. my own fault being an idiot, but age has made me wiser,,,,,, sometimes !!!!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Midori

Well, this happened yesterday so instead of lurking on the forum I figure a post is in order.

Like many of you the only reason I look at the weather forecast in the winter is to find an acceptable day to ride. It was supposed to be another amazing Colorado day with sunshine in the afternoon and near 70. After realizing my rear tire was down to the belt a quick run to the store the new tires on and I was ready to go.

Bike happily purring in the garage, check.
Gear on, check
TCLOC's inspection, check
- let's roll!

I'm waiting at the sub division stop sign for a break in traffic. Finding one I let out the clutch and start my turn. The next thing I know I’m on the ground wondering why my knee hurts and my bike is 3 feet away from me.

I decide because I'm still alive a car has not yet crushed me. Good news there so why am I laying there? As it turns out in with the weather at 30-34 degrees the road is cold, my tires are cold and worse yet they are new. As I let the clutch out there I must have given it too much throttle and the rear broke loose. I involuntarily put my leg to the right as the bike is falling and the two wheeled girlfriend spitefully attacks my knee as I topple like a bad Jenga game. Not a single scratch on my gear my pride however was mortally wounded.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

bloodypulp

Ive never gone down,but i did have a situation where a light changed on me and i was at a spot where its a quick dicision stop or go. So i tried to stop at about 50 mph had no time to downshift just grab and stomp and hang on. luckily i must have used perfect amount of pressure on both brakes cause i didnt skid or flip. I damn near puked my heart up though and had to pull over for a few secs. dont think i could do that again if i practiced it 100 times.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dnielson45

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

dnielson45

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chryghel_027

Yesterday I was been down on the road. A scion tc hit me, didn't notice that I'm on his right side. The thing that really pissed me off is, why the heck is he turning right from the left lane (there are two lane) when he supposed to merge first on the right lane and then make a right turn. Thank God I wasn't hurt that much and so my bike. To think that I only have liability insurance. Now I need to buy new set of side mirrors and one rivet. The fairing has been out of place. I wsh I can figure out how to put them back on placed. My fz6r is not even one month old :mad: