Theft Recovery

oOKooZOo

In November 2012, while living in Fresno, my FZ6R was stolen. After it happened, I became very depressed because it was really all I had. I was new to the area. I had no friends. No family. Just a low paying job with hardly any hours.

In February 2013 I moved back to Minnesota with my girlfriend. Shortly after moving back, I basically gave up hope of seeing my bike again.

On Wednesday September 18, 2013 I received a phone call from a deputy in Woodland CA saying that he had recovered my motorcycle. I was ecstatic :D It felt like I had won the lottery. The guy punched the ignition and ditched the plate. They have someone in custody.

The only problem now is getting my bike back up to MN. Which is hard because alot of companies wont ship it seeing as the fluids are not drained and it is not packaged.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to reply.

VRIIClubby

awesome news for you! Never good having ur pride and joy stolen!

Im a paranoid freak these days after a few vehicles went missing

In Australia there alot of carriers that dont require you to drain fuel etc etc, they put them on skids themselves etc, im sure that would be tha same over there!? (we arent that original here!)

edit: just found these guys...might be a little more pricey though...
Motorcycle Transportation Motorcycle Transport Shipping Company

Maadi

It's almost like those stories about the cats that disappear during a move for months on end and suddenly appear on your doorstep, a little rougher for wear but happy to be back :)
I'm glad they found it! Yay!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Woodland huh? That's not far from me maybe 15 minutes. Crazy it got there from Fresno. At least you have it back. We'll sort of.

Sent while running with scissors.

Hellgate

The only problem now is getting my bike back up to MN. Which is hard because alot of companies wont ship it seeing as the fluids are not drained and it is not packaged.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to reply.[/QUOTE]

Get on Uship.com and let shippers bid on the job. Should be about $400 to open ship; eg: trailer or truck bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

anticsd

Personally, I would take a week off and fly to CA pick up my bike and ride all the way back to MN.

Good to hear they found your bike!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Cerebus

I like the idea of riding it back, but he has no idea what kind of mechanical condition it's in. I would have to assume that someone who steals bikes isn't fastidious about maintaining them.

danieljardim

In November 2012, while living in Fresno, my FZ6R was stolen. After it happened, I became very depressed because it was really all I had. I was new to the area. I had no friends. No family. Just a low paying job with hardly any hours.

In February 2013 I moved back to Minnesota with my girlfriend. Shortly after moving back, I basically gave up hope of seeing my bike again.

On Wednesday September 18, 2013 I received a phone call from a deputy in Woodland CA saying that he had recovered my motorcycle. I was ecstatic :D It felt like I had won the lottery. The guy punched the ignition and ditched the plate. They have someone in custody.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to reply.
go to uship.com its a website that transporters bid to ship you stuff. I used once from florida to jersey and I know people that used the site and were happy with the service.

Pinarello Rider

Glad you got the bike back! That's great - almost never happens. Hopefully, douche-bag didn't mess it up too much.

Shipping shouldn't be a problem - but it could be expensive. I would STRONGLY encourage you to pay "extra" for a reputable shipper. I shipped a car from Richmond to Chicago for a buyer who paid bottom barrel price, and got bottom barrel shipper. Long story short - the company showed up with a poorly functioning trailer (batteries dead, couldnt' use hydraulics) that was leaking diesel fluid all over the road, and consequently, all over the cars on the back. I'm certain the buyer spent DAYS cleaning the soot and diesel off the car. He could have spent $1k instead of $600, and it would have been worth it. (the shipper damaged the front bumper getting it onto the trailer). It was a royal pain in the *** - I called the buyer and said "dude, I REALLY don't want you to receive the car from this guy - I accept no responsibility for the condition that it arrives in." He went ahead with it, but it took 4 weeks to get there.

oOKooZOo

My girlfriends sister is picking up from the guy that towed it. So at least I have somewhere to put it, for now.

I had it on uShip and the only bid I received was for $825. That's a little much. I was wondering if maybe a motorcycle dealership would be able to do it?

The deputy that recovered it listed it as in good condition, besides the fact that he punched the ignition. The tow driver said the lights would come on but wouldn't start.

latony007

Condition

My girlfriends sister is picking up from the guy that towed it. So at least I have somewhere to put it, for now.

I had it on uShip and the only bid I received was for $825. That's a little much. I was wondering if maybe a motorcycle dealership would be able to do it?

The deputy that recovered it listed it as in good condition, besides the fact that he punched the ignition. The tow driver said the lights would come on but wouldn't start.
Ok wait, some guy stole your bike a year ago and just decided to ride around like it was his and just hope he was never pulled over or anything? Genius! how many miles did he put on it? is it worth getting back? I am actually in the shipping business and have a carrier that does move motorcycles. They are not the cheapest but are very good handling our business accounts, moving machines with no packaging and blanket wrapping that sort of thing. If you want to pm me with your zip codes I can get you a quote by Monday or Tuesday. If you want to go through with it ill just direct you to who to contact. I quoted one from TX to Ca and it was around 560 but that's less miles and a lot warmer than MN :)

Hellgate

Give it a few days. The expensive guys always bid first. The guys looking to fill out a haul will bid later. I've bought a number of bikes sight unseen a always had good luck with Uship, just be patient. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member