The ... "I can't ride today but I am doing this instead" ... thread ...

jocampo

Ok, I though this has not been done before here ... :D ... and can be fun.

The purpose of the thread is replying back saying what you are doing instead of riding, because the weather is bad, had to take care of kids, bike is being repaired, whatever... so let me start ... :p

I am not riding today, bike is being repair after accident, but ...

... relaxing with wife, watching T.V and helping others here on fz6r forum.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Enjarin

Elite Member

Sage

I'm not riding because I'm about to put aftermarket mufflers on my Striple and remap it's ECM. Just stopped on to see what's up after re-reading the How To for the ECM remap.

Don't worry. I'll post some pics of it when I'm done, along with pics of my new EvoTech radiator guard I put on yesterday.
What system or slipon did you go with?

oh, I rode today for a while, might again later, but tonight....WE DRINK!!!

CrazyCawi

I'm not riding because I'm about to put aftermarket mufflers on my Striple and remap it's ECM. Just stopped on to see what's up after re-reading the How To for the ECM remap.

Don't worry. I'll post some pics of it when I'm done, along with pics of my new EvoTech radiator guard I put on yesterday.
Im jealous as hell bro.

Wife says with my new job(as long as the interview goes good wednesday) after I save 10k in the bank I get to trade the fz and get my streetfighter 848. So with the new job, this winter I should be getting a new ride :catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
...because I have a rule... any alcohol = NO riding. Damned Sam Adams is too good on this hot day. Got some yard work done, split a 1/4 cord of wood with a splitting maul (not some gas sucking, lazy-arse machine doing the work!) and sat in the 80+ sunny weather drinking a few Sam's.

jocampo

Im jealous as hell bro.

Wife says with my new job(as long as the interview goes good wednesday) after I save 10k in the bank I get to trade the fz and get my streetfighter 848. So with the new job, this winter I should be getting a new ride :catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight::catfight:
Damm

Are you changing jobs as well? hahahaha...

I am. Passed the interviews already, I even got official job letter, but the background test has not come yet. I know will be clean, but still nervous. Background test is part of the process.

The continental USA part came clean this week. They are checking the PR portion because I started initially in HP Puerto Rico.

I should start in two weeks.

Good luck on your interview!!!

CrazyCawi

Damm

Are you changing jobs as well? hahahaha...

I am. Passed the interviews already, I even got official job letter, but the background test has not come yet. I know will be clean, but still nervous. Background test is part of the process.

The continental USA part came clean this week. They are checking the PR portion because I started initially in HP Puerto Rico.

I should start in two weeks.

Good luck on your interview!!!
I applied for a finance position. 90 day training period, with a 3k to start salary plus bonuses. After 90 days, it goes to 4k plus % of finance. Had the first interview on friday morning over the phone, and did the personality test, ect. They called me for a second interview for this wednesday at 9:00am. Crossin my fingers, I need to get back into a positive career with an actual income to live on lol

jocampo

I applied for a finance position. 90 day training period, with a 3k to start salary plus bonuses. After 90 days, it goes to 4k plus % of finance. Had the first interview on friday morning over the phone, and did the personality test, ect. They called me for a second interview for this wednesday at 9:00am. Crossin my fingers, I need to get back into a positive career with an actual income to live on lol
That sounds awesome!!!

I'm sure you will pass! ;-) ... usually, when they call for 2nd interview, is because they are almost sure about your skills or personality for the job.

Yeah, mine is 90 days trial period too but I think that's actually now mandatory for all jobs.

Still I won't consider mine official until I received that piece of paper, hahaha...

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Botty12

I'm replying as if it were the weekend...

I'm not riding because I'm on a mountain biking trip:) It's very hard to choose which one I like more!!

CrazyCawi

im not riding today because I am at work.

I could have ridden this morning but last night we lost power at 8-9pm...power cables down by our place out in front of where we live. Couldnt sleep with the xcel energy crew making repairs and cutting down tree's, two firetrucks with the lights flashing through the windows till 5:00am...

Was to tired to take the bike, I dont like riding and not being in prime condition. Life is a privilege and prefer to ride another day then to spend a few weeks in the hospital because my reaction time wasnt up to par.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

cloudfire

I'm not riding today because I had to run my bike out of gas before the packers come and pack it up for my move. Hope there's better twistys close by in NW TN than in central NC. I like to ride from the house, not trailer the bike 4 hrs to find twistys! :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member