Targa Fender Eliminator Kit

ForZa6er

just got it today and am having trouble connectint the LED license plat light to the bullet connectors i have never dont this before need some advice on what tools i need or somethin

sbhoopsfan

Is there an FE that uses the stock signals?
Thanks

Evil Twin

Rivets!!

OK, what do I do about the plastic rivets holding the side panel on. I'm supposed to remove them to get access to the wires but it looks like they will be damaged beyond reuse if I do. The rivets have no hex or screw head and can't be reached from the other side. I'm willing to just break them off and get something from Lowe's but I wanted to check with you all first as I seem to be the only one with this issue. Maybe I missed something?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Roaddawg

It's an easy removal process. What you do is place your hand under the fenders and below the "rivet/fastener". Place your thumb ov the outter edge of the fastener. Take a screw driver and gently but firmly press the back of the fastener forward, in some cases up. It'll open and pull out. They are made to be reused so never cut them!!
You confused me...:confused: Its actually easier to just push on the center of the rivet and pop the middle piece in. Then pull the whole rivet out. When you go to put them back in, pull the center piece out first, put the outer rivet in the hole, then push the center piece back into the middle until flush.

Dimefan

Thanks to all of you who posted info on the Targa product. That is the FE that I have decided to get- it's nice to know I won't be let down!:rockon:

ForZa6er

yea i finially got the FE kit in place after two weeks didnt know i had to get a crimper to do the process so went and bought a cheapo one

Briguy453

For all those going with the Targa FE: Save yourselves some trouble and spend 15$ on some aftermarket universal shortstalk signals. Signals this kit comes with are crap. Bulbs went out within a week. So before you install grab some better signals. Otherwise, this kit is great!

FZ6R-Billy

For all those going with the Targa FE: Save yourselves some trouble and spend 15$ on some aftermarket universal shortstalk signals. Signals this kit comes with are crap. Bulbs went out within a week. So before you install grab some better signals. Otherwise, this kit is great!
This is very true. One of my turn signals broke due to my saddlebags pressing on it. Could be my fault but the replacements have not broken. I do like the FE but the turn signals are of very poor quality.

I sent two email requests to Targa asking the cost for a replacement turn signal. They went unanswered so I bought after market signals. I don't remember the brand but they bolted right in the place of the supplied, poor quality, turn signals.

Their customer service is poor as well.

Attn Targa: Answer your email!

Billy

Roaddawg

This is very true. One of my turn signals broke due to my saddlebags pressing on it. Could be my fault but the replacements have not broken. I do like the FE but the turn signals are of very poor quality.

I sent two email requests to Targa asking the cost for a replacement turn signal. They went unanswered so I bought after market signals. I don't remember the brand but they bolted right in the place of the supplied, poor quality, turn signals.

Billy
This has been an issue. Check out this thread, maybe you can get a better e-mail response from this guy: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/targa-fender-kit-free-replacment-signals-18837/

mike1000

Not to bash the targa product because i know its a good product, but I am selling FE's made of Aluminum that do hold the stock turn signals and use LED's for license plate illumination....if anybody's interested? I have an ebay ad.... Targa has taken a lot of my business because they are an actual company, and I am a welder/fabricator who just wants to make some side money....DAMN those CORPORATE BASTARDS....j/k

But seriously, buy my product
I just bought and installed this guys FE with led blinkers and led plate light included. It is Top Notch and a clean, professional, durable accessory and the blinkers went on smooth and easy! They are bright led's with an led plate light that shines at 3 angles to fully lite ur plate up to keep po po away! Definitely the nicest and cleanest one I've seen and used!

M

mas4489

Billy
Might try to call them, here is the number
(949) 362-2505 - (800) 521-7945

Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm PST

FZ6R-Billy

Might try to call them, here is the number
(949) 362-2505 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(949) 362-2505******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(949) 362-2505******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(949) 362-2505******end_of_the_skype_highlighting - (800) 521-7945

Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm PST
I sent them two email messages to the address on their website and they did not answer. If they don't want to answer their email, they should remove the address from their website.

I replaced the signals already and do not need nor want to talk to them.

Just be aware their customer support is not very good.

Billy

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ6R-Billy

you're looking at it wrong... you had to go through extra steps to fix a problem around them... you should bug the p!$$ out of them and make them do you right. They've already owned up that they had a problem... if you had even more issues trying to resolve a known problem... don't back down, never let a business get away with stuff like that... I've known people who've called back the cc charge because they did not get the expected services/product. just my 2cents
You may be forgetting that my saddlebags broke the turn signal, not sure they were actually defective. I was willing to buy a replacement and I did. Just not from Targa.

Likquid

Hey guys.

I just joined the forum but have been a bit of a lurker for a while now :p

i received my Targa FE Kit today and tried to do a self install. I've never done anything mechanical but thought it would be a good time to start so i can learn more about my bike.

I've done pretty well imo and have just the wiring left, im stuck on what wires need to go where, i've seperated everything to "left signal", "right signal" and the LED.

I understand it has blue / green / black / brown cables and then a double black one which i assume is for the LED plate light.

Which cables go to which colours? Also what is the adapter cable for, with the 2 female bullet ends and the grey adapter?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

HoosierDaddy?

'Before' and 'After' Pics below for everyone. The install took a little time, but I am glad that none of the OEM equipment had to be modified::cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

ChrisFZ6R09

Mine's coming this week. :D