Stands

No prob. As for the effort part, like we've talked about before, put a block under the kickstand to straighten the bike some before lifting with the stand. Makes it easier.

What about those with it lowered by the roaring toyz kickstand and link?... 2 blocks?

What about those with it lowered by the roaring toyz kickstand and link?... 2 blocks?

Whatever you need to get the bike almost vertical.

I used a brick, was easy enough. It's also easy when you're done and need to put the bike back down on the kickstand, just grab the grabbar just in case...

HF stand is great, can't really compare it to others as it's my first stand but paying $40 instead of $100 is great. Though like the others, the "plastic" that coated the grabs that hold the swingarms ripped off mine to protect the swing arm from being scratched i'm not worried, you get what you pay for. I'll just use electrical tape etc.

This is a lottt easier than moving the bike back and forth to clean your chain imo. 20 minutes compared to 1 - 2 hours.

Just found a coupon in Sunday paper for 20% off on HF items. They have a store here in Vegas. (free LED flashlight too) I'm gone!

It was on sale for $29.99 and I was able to use 20% coupon also. Got it for $23.99 + tax. Looks well made but haven't tried it yet.

I have 2 more coupons for 20% off at Harbor Freight that are good till 8/18/10 If anyone wants one send me a PM with your mailing address and I will send to you. Can only be be used in person at their store.
PS...put bike on stand--feels secure

Last edited:
Friend said that the Harbor Freight stand is collapsible... so you're screwed if it collapses with the bike on it and you working underneath it.

Anyone had issues or concerns with this etc?

I never work on a car after jacking it up without first putting safety jacks to make sure I don't get squished. Same for the motorcycle.

I'll zip tie the front brake lever when the bike's up on the HF stand, to reduce the risk of it rolling around.

Got my stand today and had a close call with it. I was raising it up onto the stand and I didnt have the stand centered and it almost fell over.

Back