somebody stole my windshield yestday.

Wow that sucks, but look on the bright side it could've been a lot worst. He could've stolen the bike, or knocked it over on it's sides so you have rashes.

Honestly, if someone did this to me I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's stock. It would give me an excuse to buy after-market parts.

Do you have any security for your bike? Where do you park?

i have lo-jack installed on the bike. i park in the back away from the other cars

Couple of questions....Are there any businesses around where you park? Maybe there were surveillance cams running.
Was there anyone that could have seen the theft?

You might want to invest in an alarm and/or park in a different place. My work has a guard and cameras recording. Plus I work across from the Police station and courthouse. Otherwise the bike is in a locked garage.

i work for publix as a butcher. so its in a plaza. ive asked all the baggers managers and anybody else. i even asked the guys at the subway(im parked more closer)if they saw anything. nope nothing. there are no surveillance cameras.

I just bought the puig dark smoke windshield and have had it for 2 weeks now. It looks good, and is the same height as the stock, however it has a different shape than the stock. The top lip on the stock is a very narrow curve almost straight line, the puig racing one has a larger curve and closer to about a third of a circle. This alters the wind coming off of it. I only rode with it once on up to about 50mph tops because i broke my thumb. the wind seems to hit my head more and if i duck down the wind goes completely over me. I am 5'9.5
how did you order your windshield?

Got mine from OFDRacing.com. Black Puig racing screen. Love it! It took some wind off my chin and face but it is not perfect. I did not expect too much as it is not a touring screen. It is smooth up to 105.(on a closed course for professionals only)

Last edited:
i got it through a dealership. If you ask puig there are distributors that supply their product. Once you find that out then ask the dealer to order it from them. Basically you have to do the work to get it but it will get there. Cost me 80 bucks shipped to my door.

Even with alarms tho, there are some components on a car or bike that u cannot protect cuz there's not enough force to set off the proximity/ motion sensors...

I used to always get the valve stem caps on my car stolen at my work parking lot... It pissed me off until I found these cheap chrome ones from auto zone for $5 a set... So I just stocked up and let those a* hole mothers steal away... I mean, if they're such cheapskates and can't afford stem caps then wtf...

Even with alarms tho, there are some components on a car or bike that u cannot protect cuz there's not enough force to set off the proximity/ motion sensors...

I used to always get the valve stem caps on my car stolen at my work parking lot... It pissed me off until I found these cheap chrome ones from auto zone for $5 a set... So I just stocked up and let those a* hole mothers steal away... I mean, if they're such cheapskates and can't afford stem caps then wtf...

Mix some fluorescent with itching powder and put them on the valve stems.:rof:

^ seriously huh? <lol>

I'd be super pissed if this happened to me... but I have to admit, I did giggle when I read the title of the post. It is kind of funny - I mean, what a lame thing to steal, right?

that is just plain stupid to steal a windshield, im mean honestly thats not worth getting your a$$ handed to you----------

Back