So ya wanna race?

Spunky99

will415

hmmm

I mean I know our bikes are not that fast but is it really that bad? Kinda seems like the guy in the 6r needs some practice.

CrazyCawi

I rode a cbr f4i today....yeah ours is slow.

will415

hmmm

does the bikes weight take a lot in play here cause don't it have like 60 pounds more then a r6 or gsxr 600 also I'm 150 in weight so does that mean I have a better chance? Like i know i cant beat them lol but that video make it embarrassing for us being in the 600 class lol I mean ya sure I know I did not buy my bike for speed but that video is just horrible lol

Fizzer6R

does the bikes weight take a lot in play here cause don't it have like 60 pounds more then a r6 or gsxr 600 also I'm 150 in weight so does that mean I have a better chance? Like i know i cant beat them lol but that video make it embarrassing for us being in the 600 class lol I mean ya sure I know I did not buy my bike for speed but that video is just horrible lol
yes weight is a factor, but the main dif. here is horsepower. just keep in mind the FZ6R is a sportbike while R6 etc are supersports = made for racing

MustGoFaster

I don't think the guy was giving our bike a true showing, but yes, I get it. Our bike is slower. Honestly, that worked out perfect for me as it's my first sportbike, and my first *actual* bike was a 1985 Honda Shadow VT500. I'm all about taking steps. :D

Next step might be a 1000, but I'll probably look at cruisers/tourers for some cross-country 2 up riding in comfort.

Spunky99

The FZ6R is fast..and after all the mods I did, it was a lot faster even with the +1 front gear.
It is not as fast as a YZF R6 and a lot of other bikes but it is a lot faster than 98% of the cars on the road.

Deanohh

They don't call em supersports for nothing.

Also would have been closer if they rode each others bikes.

MustGoFaster

After some quick research, the R6 is .4 to .5 seconds faster than our bike, depending on what source you use. (Motorcycle USA website, both bikes 2011)

That dooder on the fizzer was kinda noob. That half a second is a difference to be sure, but not *that* dramatic.

Chevyfazer

They said it was a 0-60 race but they went way past, but still the fz6r has about 78hp while the r6 has about 125hp. So you can't really expect it to keep up much more over 60mph. I can't even keep up in a full on drag on a highly modded 04 FZ6, but I have been able to show a few noobs up who didn't downshift on the street.

But I get all my enjoyment out of blowing past them in the corners!!!

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

when I was on the fz6r yesterday...pinned throttle after a downshift....the r6 walked by me like I was half retarded....

Rookasaki

when I was on the fz6r yesterday...pinned throttle after a downshift....the r6 walked by me like I was half retarded....
Yup... 40 + HP and a lighter bike will do that... But you have to remember the 6R is not a super-sport. Only benefit other then ergonomics/fuel mileage is it's about 3-4K cheaper then the R6 (brand new). Good performance for the price if you look at it that way. ;)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Spunky99

Yup... 40 + HP and a lighter bike will do that... But you have to remember the 6R is not a super-sport. Only benefit other then ergonomics/fuel mileage is it's about 3-4K cheaper then the R6 (brand new). Good performance for the price if you look at it that way. ;)
I think it has great performance for the price. A few mods and it screams for the price. You want an R6 and it's lousy in town/in traffic power curve then buy one. It really only performs well when used in open road conditions. It's like dogging a Ferrari in downtown traffic. The FZ6R has the power curve of a liter bike..just less power.

Rookasaki

I think it has great performance for the price. A few mods and it screams for the price. You want an R6 and it's lousy in town/in traffic power curve then buy one. It really only performs well when used in open road conditions. It's like dogging a Ferrari in downtown traffic. The FZ6R has the power curve of a liter bike..just less power.
Well put. The R6 is a screamer for sure, but the low end RPM's do make it hard to ride around town.

DakinechicK

This is silly.... they are racing two completely different bikes that aren't even in the same class. Can't compare them.

That is all.

Detrich

Most of the technical, performance comparison data is- for most part- quite useless for most of us anyways, since none of us really ride on the bleeding edge of a bike's performance threshold. Plus, u really need equally skilled riders to make a fair comparison anyways.

The only thing that really matters is "how a bike makes us feel." If its weight and power and handling feel predictable and inspires comfort and safety, then that's really the most important thing...

That said, this article gives some useful info on the differences between these 2 Yamaha bikes... Even the photo helps show the big differences in ergonomics- ie look closely at the arm positions and leg positions of both riders.

The FZ-6R is clearly the better bike for "all-around use." That is, it's good at everything- ie commuting, spirited riding, and long hauls etc. The R6 is really only good at one thing- ie going fast at high speeds & cornering. So in that area, of course it will outperform the 6R.. All this just means is that, depending on what type of riding you do, Yamaha provides us some good choices to pick from.

:)

http://m.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_1003_yamaha_fz6r_vs_yzf_r6/