So what's everybody's hobbies (besides bikes)

Lots of cool stuff people do here.

Me and a friend have really gotten into disc golf lately so been doing that quite often. I also love regular golf although its a pretty expensive hobby lol so I don't play as much as I'd like. Also recently caught an entrepreneurial spirit so have been learning alot about finances and the like. I love music. I play French horn and piano/keyboard. I'm pretty good on the horn. Used to play weddings and such with a group back in high school. Pretty decent money for a short work time lol. Kinda lost touch with it though since I graduated college, but plan to get back into it. Also i'm a computer geek lol. I love electronics. I work in IT at my alma mater UNC-CH (go heels!)

Competing in snowboarding- slopestyle just got added to the 2014 olympics, so I'm super excited about that! Probably will not be in it though. :(

I love cycling! And mtn biking, though I broke my face a few years ago, so I'm not nearly as intense... hehe.

My other fav things to do are speed skating, ShoPPinG, flying airplanes, web design (though I'm not super awesome at it), video games, ebaying, etc.

I used to be a pro rock climber (long time ago) until I got hurt. And yes, there is such a thing as being a pro in climbing. LoL. People ask me that a lot. Was 7th in the nation back 10 yrs ago. :thumbup: Can no longer do it though... so sad.

Wow, I like a lot of things.... :surrender:

Attachments

• Orbea.jpg
    Orbea.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 16
  • snowboardin'.jpg
    snowboardin'.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hobbies? well for years I used to detail my families cars,,mine,my wife's and my Mum's around 2x a week. I used to love washing,waxing etc but now that i am close to 55 years old I just can't do it any more. My body is worn out from hard physical work at Michelin Tire. To bad because I still love the feel of a just waxed car. Now I am back into playin Bass Guitar and for the first time in 25 years playin in a band,,(Classic Rock) Of course I had to buy appropriate gear so that is $$$$ not spent on my bike so I guess it is a trade off. My 1st gig is in less than 2 weeks so wish me luck,,I hope I don't screw up to bad. Cheers Laurie Potter

laurie im selling a product here at cost which will ensure your vehicle is protected for 4 years! It will constantly have a bonded coating on it which emmulated the feel and protection of the highest quality wax but provides 1000x the protection!~ If interested PM me, I have it for motorcycles, cars, and boats!

I wish you great luck with your musical endevours, I am not very talented in that category but it intrigues me on a daily basis!

Besides photography, I'm an avid skeet shooter, and maintain a 92% average.

What's your average? I used to do that when I was in high school with my step-dad. I started to get an average of 22/25. I haven't done it since I graduated and moved, but my step-dad still does it and is a 23/25 average.

@ JonKerr, do the podium finishers do anything silly, like shake miniature bottles of bubbly at each other?

I've been a disc golfer for about 12 years now, and I spend a ton of time creating custom dyes for other golfers. I have developed a few techniques that are now commonplace for other dyers, like airbrushing with acetone and dye, as well as painting with dye dissolved in laundry soap. Here's a few that I'm most proud of:

Excalibur on an Innova Xcaliber:
P1015154.jpg

The Eye of Sauron on an Innova Orc:
P1015182.jpg

2112 on an Innova Aviar:
P1013757.jpg

The Maxx on an Innova Max:
P1013702.jpg

Cold Fusion on an Innova Beast:
P1015220.jpg

I also like to crochet stuff, but I do amigurumi and make up my own instead of following patterns- here's something I made for my buddy as a tree ornament:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmPMBTOA9Y]YouTube - ‪Mini DG bag‬‏[/ame]

I like cooking as well, but disc golf is my main non-motorcycling hobby. Kill your TV.

Last edited:
I've been a disc golfer for about 12 years now, and I spend a ton of time creating custom dyes for other golfers. I have developed a few techniques that are now commonplace for other dyers, like airbrushing with acetone and dye, as well as painting with dye dissolved in laundry soap. Here's a few that I'm most proud of:

I like cooking as well, but disc golf is my main non-motorcycling hobby. Kill your TV.

LOL chuck that video of the mini DG bag was tight lol. Gotta love the beer holder. If you weren't on the other side of the country, I'd invite you to play with me and my friend sometime. We've only been playing for a year or two now but really got into it lately.

I have also gotten into Photography. I own Nikon D70s , Nikon 70-200(2.8) VR 70-300, 50mm(1.8) 55-200VR, and 18-70mm lenses.

Other hobbies include my car and watching movies.

Here are some pics.

DSC_01823.jpg

More here:) Pics are a bit old. I will update soon.
tasimaging |

Sienna4res.jpg

Sienna6resized.jpg

cd3blue.jpg

cd2red.jpg

blackandwhite3-1.jpg

dsc_01023.jpg

caterpiller.jpg

resHT4.jpg

RezHT1.jpg

Last edited:
If you weren't on the other side of the country, I'd invite you to play with me and my friend sometime. We've only been playing for a year or two now but really got into it lately.

I'm jealous of your locale. Seattle's DG scene is relatively lackluster compared to other places I've lived. Do yourself a favor and go watch the USDGC at Winthrop this year (October), it's such an awesome event! If you want to see what golf discs are really capable of, that's the place to be.

I remember the first time I saw Dave Feldberg (hate the guy, but he's damn good) throw a golf disc at my local course, it blew me away. I had no idea you could make plastic discs fly like that.

taz I love your theater room!!!!!

For real, that setup gives me inappropriate feelings in my jeans. One question, though- is there a hidden wet bar and/or kegerator not shown in the pics?

Snowboarding (since '96. Mixes with travel, many trips have been taken solely to board in new territory.):rockon::bow:
Paintball (since '97)
PC Gaming (since I can remember-- lately playing some throwback Everquest on an emulated server - Project 1999. Favorite genre's are squad turn based, and RPG's. Also big on FPS's, but I go through phases; either RPG style for a couple months, or your COD/BF2BC style. As far as MMO's like EQ, the only ones I indulge in are EQ and DAOC on emulated servers.)
PC Building (last 4-5 years)
:stupidpc:
Collecting and Modifying Casio G-Shock Watches (since last week:cool:)
Travel (20 + Countries, 20+ US States)
Collecting Knives and Survival Training (Last 4-5 years. This gets mixed with travel, like when i went to Utah for hiking and snowboarding.)

Sometimes I'll snowboard, with a survival knife, in a destination I traveled too, while wearing a G Shock. :)

Since I've gotten the 6R, I have less and less time for these hobbies.:Sport:

Last edited:
Snowboarding, Soccer, Computers, Piano, Guitar, Reading, Volleyball, vidja games.
I hope to add Ice Hockey and Surfing and Wakeboarding soon, but I messed up my ankle pretty good a while ago, and have to try to take it easy. I also get what the doctor is calling 'exercise induced migraines' so I'm not as active as I would like to be.
I too own a camera, but I am not nearly as good as I want to be with it.. Canon Rebel xSi.
I also own a 90mm Meade refractor telescope, but way too much light pollution where I am to use it :(
I like to take things apart, and put them back together (hopefully in working order..)
I also plan on getting my private pilot license in possible preparation for career change...

Lol... too many hobbies, not enough time/$$$ to satisfy them all :(
I just realized... I'm single, and if I get a girlfriend, thats even less time/$$$ for fun stuff..

Used to play WoW, played some CoD, next purchase will probably be IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover so I can fly some Spitfires and shoot down some Nazis.

Thanks Cautious. Lots of endless nights went into that room.

For real, that setup gives me inappropriate feelings in my jeans. One question, though- is there a hidden wet bar and/or kegerator not shown in the pics?

Chuck, it is in the plans. Lights are hung for a wet bar. However, since this theater has taken me over a year to complete, I may have to hold off on it for a while. :(

I have been to Taz's house, and his car and his theater room are crazy awesome!!! I definitely was jealous...

It was a pleasure having you over Chad. You are always welcome. It's shame that you couldn't stay longer. Been trying to put the Harbor Freights trailer together. I hate the PA inspection process for a tiny trailer like that.:mad:

Back