So if you were to do something to your bike what would it be first

Ride&Die

Im not new to the motorcycle life but i want to know what it is that you would do to improve your motorcycle the first chance you have or would have done?

TokenSSDD

New windscreen, seeing as I ride everyday.

DavidB455

Am not sure about the windscreen. I like mine the way it is but wish it was better with the wind. I looked at the vario ones and they are too big, the Emax ones look good

See red

Exactly what I did, side bags, trunk, windsheild, and a sh!t ton of gas with the miles to go with it.lol!

Grumpy

I would get rid of the rubber brake-lines and get steel braided lines. Can never have enough brake feel.

See red

The brake lines would be nice as a later done mod to me. The twin breaks up front have decent feel.

CrazyCawi

bubble wrap.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

iSpoolin

My first mod is always Flush mounts and a FE lol

6R Blackout

I'm with ispoolin I did flush mounts and FE first as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

behindXgrnXeyes

i also did FE and flushies...I just said Frame Sliders cuz there is nothing worse then your first big purchase being new plastics cuz ya did your first "well that was dumb" 1mpg bike fall :p

Chucker

I believe you should always work on performance first. For me - windscreen, bars, suspension.

From MororcycleUSA.com:

How to Reduce Lap Times 101

One of, if not the single best modification that any trackday regular or club racer can do to their machine to reduce lap times, as well as increase safety, is installing aftermarket suspension. This was shown quite visibly in our recent 2010 Modified Supersport Shootout Series. A quick glance at the lap-time chart reveals a substantially larger gain from Stage 1 of the modification process to Stage 2 as compared to the difference from stock to Stage 1. Since Stage 1 of the hop-up process was more engine-based and Stage 2 revolved around the chassis, this empirically shows is that suspension-related modifications contribute more to quicker times than the equivalent dollar amount worth of extra horsepower.

Last edited:

Bloke

I would like to get some suspension set up for my nigh on 300lb weight. But it'd cost a fortune so max pre load and just grin and bear it for me until I get something I'm happier talking about to others by not saying "just an xj6s".

I do intend getting a top box though soon.

First "mod" was a cigarette lighter socket to charge stuff on the road.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Chucker

I would like to get some suspension set up for my nigh on 300lb weight. But it'd cost a fortune
I've got beefed springs on order from Race Tech that only cost me $120 CAD for the fronts and the same for the rear. Total cost all in was $295 CAD. They have them for your weight for the same money.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Frame sliders......