Small Town...

JSP

Super Moderator
So Ive been at my new job for around 5 months. There is a guy here that I talk to when he comes to my part of the building. Real nice guy. He always commented about my bike, etc. Never said anything about his or that he even rode. Just casual stuff, like "nice day to ride" or whatever. Said it sucked that I sold my Bandit... Then today talking to me about my 09. I always thought he looked familiar but could never place him.

He, today, started talking about what roads I liked to ride. And he started naming off ALL the roads I typically ride. Then started talking about a couple specific stories that sounded very familiar that I know I heard from another guy I rode with.

I asked if he knew Pat, a motorcycle shop owner I used to ride with a few years back. (no longer owns his shop). He said YUP! Then he told me he used to ride with him... Said he rides a Ducati...

Hmmm... BINGO! It was ME, PAT, another guy and HIM that were riding together when I wrecked my FZ6R! Neither of us could place each other but we both looked familiar to each other, he said he thought the same thing. That was the only time I rode with him. I was pretty out of it that day even before the wreck... For 5 months we have talked and never even realized that was who it was. Crazy. He is the one whose bike kicked up the rock that chipped my face shield that I spaced out staring at. :p He helped stabilize me and all that stuff before the ambulance came for me.

He told me they had names for all the corners on 242 road that people have wrecked on. He said I got that corner named after me. Strangely enough, he gets to name the corner right BEFORE mine. I guess he hit a couple deer or something and broke a bunch of bones a while back. Seems good to go now though. Wants to go for a ride sometime. :D

Anyway.. that is my story for the day. ;)

abyss1406

yeah man, small town, small world