Small mods

MikeN02

That looks a lot better, though maybe because it's a dark picture but it looks like the plate is mounted higher, hiding the metal plating.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

neshi

Ok so i installed the fe per previous post "i envy you all with the garage" 45* plus wind in the shade just cold!

But the results are good will have to pick up some new bolts as i don't like the bolts i am using now to hold the fe to the bike too short imo so gonna stop at home depot tomorrow pick up some slightly larger ones!

on a side note the grips from the site maybe good but the guy sent me the wrong ones and he seems like the kind thats gonna give me a problem!

Attachments

Last edited:

Superfly

Here's what that FE kit will look like:

May need to 'adjust' it a bit so the plate doesn't face the sky...some cops may have issues with that...
I have the same everything...FE, signals, yellow bike...Just put it on today...I really like it and apart for some soldering I did it was a piece of cake. Didnt come with the 4 mounting bolts but that dude on ebay was great...

I'll keep an eye out for my exact copy of bike next time I'm through mississuga :p

YamahaChick

I have the same everything...FE, signals, yellow bike...Just put it on today...I really like it and apart for some soldering I did it was a piece of cake. Didnt come with the 4 mounting bolts but that dude on ebay was great...

I'll keep an eye out for my exact copy of bike next time I'm through mississuga :p
Yeah, I e-mailed him to tell him to include the nuts for the bolts because the original ones are welded onto the stock fender :eek:

I had to soder the lights too but no biggie...was a project :)

Does your bike still have the three shooting stars decal on it? I took those off and it looks waaaayyy better :D

Superfly

Yeah, I e-mailed him to tell him to include the nuts for the bolts because the original ones are welded onto the stock fender :eek:

I had to soder the lights too but no biggie...was a project :)

Does your bike still have the three shooting stars decal on it? I took those off and it looks waaaayyy better :D
Yeah 4 nuts would have been nice but I thought at the time that the bolts were too long anyways so now there isnt any threads sticking out of the nylon lock nuts I bought with the 25mm bolts from parts source.

I might get laughed at but I like the 3 stars...they're still on...so I guess we'll know which bike is which :D

YamahaChick

Only problem is that the tag light doesn't really work too well from below. The one he sent me is a blue light (not sure if everyone else got that from him) but it's not extremely bright so from the bottom it doesn't really light up the tag. I'm probably going to pick up some white LED's sometime and mount them on the tail light housing to shine down instead.
If the numbers on your plate are blue then the white LED's won't light it up and better. I found that with mine, the original LED's were casting a shadow on my plate (and the reflection from the blue numbers were making it look like a blue light) so I went and bought white LED's...didn't make a difference. I ended up taking the stock plate light and adapting it to work with the FE...now the plate is lit up properly. :D

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

Superfly

Well I took off them little LED tail signals today and put on the stock OEM ones. The LEDs are completely useless in the daytime. I followed my buddy driving my bike and they just aren't near bright enough. And to be honest I didnt really like the look of them. I think its actually better with the bigger ones...at least they now match the OEM fronts that I didnt want to change. My buddy's Ducati has intergrated LED tail and brake lights that are 100% unreadable in the day and about 80% useless at night. He is pretty choked that no one behind him can see him turning or braking. Its not good...

Heineken

Elite Member

YamahaChick

Well I took off them little LED tail signals today and put on the stock OEM ones. The LEDs are completely useless in the daytime.
+1

Went on a small group ride as lead only to find out the riders behind me couldn't even see my turn signals blinking....gonna put the stock ones back on too :(

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

YamahaChick

I think that's one area I never considered when purchasing a yellow bike...the amber colored turn signals just blend right in.
They're quite visible at night...but during the day, they suck! Plus they came w/ the FE and they're tiny in size which also doesn't help...

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Superfly

They're quite visible at night...but during the day, they suck! Plus they came w/ the FE and they're tiny in size which also doesn't help...
I rode all day behind my FZ6R as my friend wanted to take his GF for a ride and his Ducati 996 is a single seater so I rode that...I loved the look of the OEM signals and the F/E on the FZ. It looks great and is perfect for signalling in the daytime. The 996 on the other hand has absolute useless turns and brake signals...so much so that I was using hand signals most of the day...what a jackpot:( LEDs are crap.

Heineken

Elite Member

neshi

Ya they suck! sent them back they are about 5in by 3in i have a pic somplace on this computer when i find it i will upload it

neshi

this is them

The one good thing the guy gave me a full refund even to include my return shipping!

Attachments