Shinko Raven 009's

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on my second set of 009's. Love them!

Chevyfazer

I'm on my 3rd set and love them, they get great mileage and still hang the corners great too. Plus they have excellent wet traction.

RooKie

I have 4k miles on my first set. Great grip wet and dry. It could be just me, but I feel like my stopping distance has decreased since I switched over and I have not had a single skid. Best tire for your buck.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

RooKie

How are they wearing? Your experience seems fairly common,
My riding is 99.9% work commute and I ride it pretty hard (Straight line warrior) so I'm starting to notice slight flattening along the center of the rear tire but it is not significant enough to bother me. The front tire is wearing out evenly and is looking really good.

FYI: Front tires last me twice as long as rear tires. Just my riding style.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I got pretty darn close to 14k miles out of my first set. Probably could have gone farther, but I take this one off-ramp pretty aggressively every day from work, so I ended up over-wearing the left side tread compared to the right. :eek: I've got a couple thousand miles on this current set.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Well my 1st rear I got over 12,000 and my 1st front I got over 15,000 but since those I've been plagued with nails every 7,000 miles or so

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Best bang for you buck out there hands down!!! The grip like a sob once up to temp and can still get 10,000+

For street tires IMHO there is no other choice, if I ever get a track bike I'll probably be running the shinko 003's

SurfJunkie

I only got about 4500 miles out of my stock rear and front.

I will be going for these in the next few weeks. My stock front has basically worn the edges down, but the center is raised.
My rear is flat in the middle damn near at the bars, and the edges have some meat. Odd.

Do these Shinko's take longer to warm up ?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

SurfJunkie

wow those ran down quick! I am at 7k on my stock and I have a bit let to go, though my front and rear are beginning to show definate wear in the centers (99% commuting). Regardless how much I have left at the end of this season though I will be buying new during the nice winter tire sales that occur..... hint hint group buy hint hint! LOL:D
a group buy would be legit.

I commute 20 miles each way 5 days a week. ( Ive not rode 1 or 2 times this YEAR due to rain. ) I go out for a spirited ride rarely, so mostly commute. But i will say that i do go for quite a few fun corners on a daily basis, and its so much more fun to shift an ass-cheek and go for it then to just sit static.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I only got about 4500 miles out of my stock rear and front.

I will be going for these in the next few weeks. My stock front has basically worn the edges down, but the center is raised.
My rear is flat in the middle damn near at the bars, and the edges have some meat. Odd.

Do these Shinko's take longer to warm up ?
They don't really take longer than normal to warm up but unlike "super sport" or "super soft" tires these "sport touring tires" don't offer a lot of feedback or warning before they will let go in a corner if they are not up to temp. On soft sport tires you can "feel" the tire when it starts to loose grip and it feels like its beginning to slide or push and you can correct it. On these shinkos if they are not up to temp and you push to hard they just let go, no warning, no push just oh shit the rear is out and I'm drifting!!! I've only had this happen a few times and it is my only complaint, and it has only happened during the winter during the 1st 30min of riding, other than that I live these tires