Shifting issue

jammer

I guess this is a two part question.
First sometimes my bike doesnt shift smoothly into 6th gear. It seems to grind and then fall in but sometimes it falls back to 5th. I wonder if i am shifting at two low rpms(5k-6k). This never happens if I do a clutchless shift.

Second my bike only has 500 miles will the clutchless shifts cause problems. I am a new rider so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

jammer

Dang. I was hopin i was just doin something wrong.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jammer

Maybe all you need is to adjust the shifter down a bit. Most than likely you don't lift all the way to the end of the stroke. If the barrel don't rotate enough it will not go up to the next gear...

And she's still not even broken in... give her some time, she'll loosen up.
Thanks Marthy. Be hitting you up in a couple months for an exhaust.

latony007

def. not normal. I did not have anything like that when i got mine. if its doing that the entire first 500 miles id have the stealer look at it. Your shifting in a good range for break in period there is nothing your doing wrong.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

jammer

Be goin in for the 600 mile service soon so I am gonna have them take a look while I am there.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

Rode some this weekend and only had the problem if I shifted Really quickly. I am thinking once I get the break in oil out and start winding out more this will be a non issue.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

zcypher

While new or better oil might help, if your bike is new, that should be a moot point. I bought mine new last year, and shifting has been beautiful since day 1. No troubles in any gears at all, I find it to be really really smooth. I sure have made mistakes that are just my mistake, but honestly it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Definitely get that checked.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

Update. After clutch and shifter adjustment problem solved.