Scorpion All-In vs. Stinger Leather jackets

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

a lotta dealers have really good closeout deals, but the sizes often are difficult to find...

i did a lot of reading online regarding leather, and it seems that it should be tight or snug, because it will stretch out a bit. leather is heavier material tho, so it won't flap as much even if it's slightly bigger than snug.

i really like Fieldsheer's designs, and their "blue" color matches Yamaha blue really well. i recently picked up a closeout Fieldsheer Flex in blue. for reference, i'm 5'6", 36" chest 15.5" neck, and 30" arms, so Fieldsheer 38 (XS) fits me perfectly tight and snug. For a more relaxed fit, a 40 or 42 for leather works as well- but I wouldn't do those sizes in mesh material because they'll flap in the wind for sure...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
drats.... SOLD OUT!

well, I got all Summer to find another deal. Maybe even get a chance to take a short trip to try some on for size first.
Did you check Motorcycle Superstore? They are having massive sales right now!

dtrey28

I have the stinger and i am happy with it. It is heavy leather and the armor stay in the right places as I move. (I am 5'9" ~155 avg build got size M) It is especially comfortable now that it is broken in. There are two extra pockets that a lot of the descriptions dont mention on the interior. It is warm with the liner and good for warm days with out it. The perforation in the leather does a great job of vinting it out.

Also, cool looking graphic on the back. I have the black/blue one.

I ordered mine on newenough but i tried a bunch of jackets on at a shop near my house. Definitely helped.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, I looked everywhere. Lot's of places had "them" just not in my size....

Hoping to find a shop that actually carries more than one or two brands so I can try them on for fit.
Well damn the luck. I hope you find something that fits you, your needs and your tastes! lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
So, at $115 and what I think is 1 size larger than I want (room to grow:confused:)... I ordered the Stinger today from New enough.

I got a chance to try on the Scorpion Burnout Textile and the LG was still a bit tight in the shoulders and gut and the XL was good (not loose at all, just right), so if they are true size across Textile to Leathers... I think I'll be fine. If not, gotta love the no hassle return policy and then I'll know for sure what size I need.
Nice!

I just bought from a riding buddy today, a 1 piece Moto GP Kangaroo leather racing suit. $200 hardly used/shows little wear at all. It is red and black, doesn't match my bike at all but who cares? For that price its a steal. New they are $900. Now I just need to find some riding boots.

JSP

Super Moderator
Hell! Today when I went out with the same guy, he just tossed me these gloves and said I could have them!

So the full suit and the gloves for $200. The gloves alone are almost $200

Alpinestar GP Plus gloves

Alpinestars GP Plus Glove

Also said they have a pair of riding boots that I could have for $50 if they fit me. Im makin out like a bandit! :cool:

Wore the full leathers on the ride today. They are great. Didnt get hot at all really. Felt very comfortable.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Damn, you're making out like I did when I first got my bike. A friend of mine worked in the industry and used to get all kinds of stuff free. He hooked me up with my Shift textile jacket, Joe Rocket mesh jacket, Alpinestars One-O-One boots, Held Phantom gloves, Komodo Dragon gloves, all for $50 and some equipment we use for RC car racing that I had (that I didn't pay for since I got it from my sponsors) and he needed. Isn't free stuff just that much cooler than stuff you paid for? :thumbup:
Heck ya, its awesome haha :thumbup: This is a great group of people that I have been riding with. Wish I could just keep up with them in the corners though :surrender: Practice, practice, practice though. Can't become a track star over night right? :D

kevcoop

Here a question:

The Stinger jacket or the Hat Trick?

Now I know leather is better, but the hat trick is a mesh/textile combo.

I am looking for that jacket that is cooler in 100 deg.

I own a textile airbag jacket for comuting to work but tend not to wear it all the time because of the weight.
But like jonkerr I need that jacket for about town.

I was wondering if anybody owns the Stinger and how is it in the heat?
Or the Hat Trick for that matter.

Thanks...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well, to answer your question kevcoop... check with dtrey.... he has it, or, wait until Thursday and mine will be here. Now, mine, it's a hit/miss, I ordered an XL, think I need a LG according to there size guide, but when trying on some textiles, LG was too tight, leather=want it tighter, it'll break in, but dang it was unbreathable tight.
If you decide to go full textile, motorcycle superstore has the S&S twist of fate, or other mesh jackets for $99... I love mine, but I was looking for leather for the cooler days.
Yep, I got my Twist of Fate mesh jacket this week and I love it. It fits really well and the padding and textile areas seem to be pretty adequate. It's a ton lighter than my full textile, not only weight, but also has better air flow (obviously). The removable water-proof liner is nice as well. Plus, you can't beat the killer deal! :rockon:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just keep in mind... that "waterproof" liner... is, well, waterproof.... anytime I use it, I have sweat build-up around my elbows like crazy....

I'm going to put it to rest and going to sew my frogtog into a "pull-over" rain jacket.... not even 6 months and the frogtog jacket zipper is hideous.

edit... my waterproof liner is getting put to rest, not the jacket!
Yeah, the first thing I did when the jacket arrived was to remove the liner and put it in the closet. I have a one-piece rain suit that I wear to keep me dry, so no need for the liner in the jacket. :thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

kevcoop

so dart, do you think that the jacket has enough air flow to be comfortable in hot weather (90+)?
And what is the weight of the jacket? Is it to heavy to wear off the bike?

Thanks...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member