Runner Corner

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I Usually do a marathon during call of duty and I have to pee. I could take first in a race if I could repeat how fast I move and pee during a waiting lobby.

On the other hand, I love running but its hard for me. . . . I have a knee that doesnt like it

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Queen

Good job on taking control, of your health! :thumbup:

I'm not a runner (destroyed knees) but I do swim for health and eat a decent healthy diet. A few years ago, after my last knee surgery, I started packing on weight... since I got back into the pool it's dropping off nicely. Still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

Mr Citrus

I used to run cross country in high school, I never understood why they held the season during the hottest parts of the summer out here :/
Every evening I go for a 1.5mile run after dinner, when the sun goes down. :)

Tmak73

I am attempting to start trail running. I was hiking at Red Rocks in Colorado (6-7 miles) and ran for parts of the hike. I found that running and dealing with some terrain made it a lot more enjoyable. Felt like being on an obstacle course. I am heading to a state park on Saturday to check out a 6.5 mile hiking trail through the bluffs. Not quite as big as the mountains I was in in Colorado but it should suffice.

On a side note, I am incredibly excited to go to a conference on Friday on "The perspectives of Science on Barefoot Running." Should be a gay old time. I have been dabbling in barefoot running since I read a book entitled 'Born to Run.' Can't wait to hear if the little bit of science mentioned in that book is talked about during this. I love my Nike's but I don't need a fancy pair of shoes when I was born to run. This all sounded so much cooler in my head.

bmw675

no running for me anymore. my hips hurt way too much for that. up to a couple years ago, I was riding my bike on a couple longer rides a week (15-40 miles w/o stopping). that was with keeping around a 15mph pace.

that. My Cholesterol was up to 240 or so.........

....So in 3 months my Cholesterol went from 240ish to 163! And lost 20 lbs (178 to 166)
I don't want to take away from the topic but.....
at 178 lbs., your cholesterol was up to 240? I've always associated cholesterol problems with those that were overweight.

kudos to you taking over and getting things on the right track!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member