Rear wheel noise? (vid inside)

slopoke

Hey guys, I decided to clean and lube the chain yesterday and that's when I discovered the noise coming from the rear. I was thinking it might be the chain being loose but it doesn't sound like it? Could it the bearings? The sound seems to have a consistent pattern whether i spin it fast or slow.

Thanks for any input you could provide

rearwheelnoise - YouTube
(sorry don't know how to imbedd the vid, I did it before but forgot how to do it now lol)

bolts on the sprocket may be hitting your rear stand, i know mine had done that before and the sound is similar.

Sprocket bolts hitting the rear stand, loose/misaligned chain, or bad wheel bearings. Since you didnt notice it until on the stand, I am going with bolts hitting your stand.

You guys are great! it was just the stand lol. I feel stupid now for not even noticing it lol. Appreciate it guys!:D

You guys are great! it was just the stand lol. I feel stupid now for not even noticing it lol. Appreciate it guys!:D

Don't worry about it. Been there myself! Freaked me out the first time I did it. Sure many of us have done it. ;)

wow, that had to be really annoying! I would have been going nuts if I found a noise like that. At least you found out that it was just a simple issue.

Back