Rear stand for fz6r

Element

Has anyone got any solutions for lifting this bike? I can't figure out how a bike that has been around as long as this one that has no holes for spools, and with the muffler underneath, no good lift solutions. I have the rear wheel off with a universal lift, and cannot get it back together. Even the dealer was scratching his head about the lack of threaded holes for spools, on either end. Thx!

Bert-Aus

Paddle stands do the job fine

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Brent27

I have no problems at using a rear paddock stand with a universal swing arm attachment. I looked at possibly attaching spools but the universal rear paddock stand works fine.

For the front I use a stand that has a pin that inserts into the triple tree. That way I can remove the forks.

Not sure why your dealer is confused. Some pretty basic stuff

Element

Found another thread with guys that know what I meant. Universal paddles may be fine for lubing the chain, but try and put the wheel back on after removal, and you'll see what a pain it is. I ordered the T Rex adapter so I can put it on a proper secure lift, that isn't in the way of the sprocket, brake, etc, and doesn't shift around, possibly falling over. There is a you tube of a guy using a universal lift, and he struggles with it, just like anyone would with something that doesn't lock in place.

Last edited:

Element

I have no problems at using a rear paddock stand with a universal swing arm attachment. I looked at possibly attaching spools but the universal rear paddock stand works fine.

For the front I use a stand that has a pin that inserts into the triple tree. That way I can remove the forks.

Not sure why your dealer is confused. Some pretty basic stuff
They were unaware it didn't have mounts, that is all. I found one at T Rex, problem solved, though not happy about spending 71 bucks with shipping for something that should be standard on my bike. Kawasaki has them, why doesn't Yamaha?