JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Bringing this over from the other thread:

Excellent buy on the RAM mount setup, they are pricey but worth it.

Though you should have looked at getting one of the nut replacements for the triple tree that has a RAM mount ball setup on it. I just found out I could have gotten one for my bike recently. I'm going to be ordering it pretty soon, after I stop blowing cash on other things...

They make them for your bike as well. Would make for a much more secure mount. The Stem mount setup from RAM isn't the best. You really need to jam it in the hole before you decide to make your cuts. Even then it's not that sturdy IMO.

As for video recording, don't record with your phone standing up like that, turn it on it's side and you will get proper 16x9 wide screen video. Though you may want the longer RAM arm for that, that's why I got the longer arm for my system.

Good video overall though, it should help a lot of people.

I use the X-grip and have had no issues with it. I like the other mount that you got but I went with the xgrip style one due to the various items I end up putting into that same spot. My opinion is that the ones that have problems with their xgrip mount may have bad springs in there because mine really sandwiches down on my phone (Galaxy S3) I have considered though adding a glued on hook to the back of my phone so that I can add in a tether to the phone as a just in case deal. Something with a slim quick connect setup. I use an otterbox case for mine as well.

Once you start getting RAM mounts then you just keep getting more items from them, it can get pricey after a little while. The problem is that they are really the only product like it on the market and it's a pretty damn good idea. Though some of their parts aren't the best IMO, their fit and finish could be better and really should be for the price they cost...

EsrTek

I have the same RAM Mount, however the 6r has a solid nut there, so used handlebar mount instead.
I did go w the x-arm mount instead...you made the better choice in mounts there.
The X-arm, while I haven't had an issue w phone coming out, does have a bit of rotation when phone is in it, that can cause concern.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

helmet

Get a Bluetooth helmet and forget the mount :)
feeds the GPS directions right into your ears. oops too late lol

BoneJj

Get a Bluetooth helmet and forget the mount :)
feeds the GPS directions right into your ears. oops too late lol
for people like me with fat heads can't fit into any of the bluetooth helmets on the market at this time.

I would love it if arai and other bigger names would start putting BT in their helmets with changeable batteries.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

abyss1406

Great stuff man! :D "but these instructions...." :D

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

abyss1406

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member