Raising handlebars

bobski

I've read all the threads about risers/barback risers and various Renthal bars but haven't seen anything about changing out the stock bars for Renthal 756-01 bars. If I'm reading the Renthal application chart correctly, those bars have a rise of 105mm. The stock bars measure about 60mm rise I think, anybody know for sure? That would give approx. 45mm (i.e. 1 3/4 in.) additional rise. If I'm correct and the 756-01 bars will work, I'm thinking that is a better solution to raising the bars than bar risers and keeping the stock steel bars. It would be achieving a 1 3/4 in. bar raise and upgrading the bar to reduce vibrations at the same time. Anybody done this with these bars? Am I on the right track or am I missing something?

Y

yellowfz

You might have to lengthen a few things, cable, wire, line, or reroute them.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

Thanks guys. Yes I know Marthy did the 787's. Actually I just noticed that the rise on the 787's is 105mm which is the same as the 756's! Marthy, I know you didn' have to change any cables etc., but can you confirm that the 787's gave you about 2" additional rise? Also, did you choose the 787's for any particular reason over the 756's or other models. The 787's seem very similar to the 756's just a little wider (easy to cut down to prefered specific length) and a little less sweep/pullback.

BKP

Just subscribing...

I'm interested in doing something similar...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I did the 755 (Medium) and if they were any higher I would have had to reroute or lengthen things.
Lets us know how you did it Martin without rerouting or lengthening.

Last edited by a moderator:

CtrlAltDl

bobski

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

Hey Martin, excellent, thanks. So you have the 787's PLUS the 1" risers for a total of about 3" of additional rise over stock!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Sure I did post some pics of my bar in the past... ah well.

I had to reroute the throttle cables behind the handlebar, the clutch cable, the brake line on the RH side to get extra length and get all the extra slack from the wires too. Nothing goes through the little bracket over the ignition switch...

That's a pic with 1" riser installed (trying them as soon as I get my sprocket... )

and sorry about the upside down pic....lol
Yeah I thought there was some serious rerouting going on there.
Man do you like lay back now? Definitely would be in a upright position.
Sometimes I wish I had gotten the high instead of the medium, sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member