Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sdouble

at best, to convince people, you may go for a dyno run to see what you gain/lose with your set up.
I may be interested in your product.

6R Blackout

Marthy exhaust sounds great man, I think I am gonna go that route. I bet it sounds much better in person.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

stevet

Mathy many thanks for the dino update. I have considered a freer flowing exhaust for hopefully a slight power boost but hesitated because I didn't want an increase in sound. Your dino results helped me feel that leaving it stock is for me a good decision. Keep writing about your mods. We all love getting new ideas from each other on our bikes.

JSP

Super Moderator
Without a PC thats pretty much what I suspect. Once you get a good controller you will find it will be above stock HP.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

I agree with you. I wasn't expecting some big numbers out of this. I was just trying to prove that this set up can be safe with a stock ECU, and it is! I just went for a ride and try to add some discs. I had 8 disc on the dyno. I ride with 10, then 12.(open end is way too loud for street use) I can tell a good difference on the top end. The engine zip all the way to 12500 in a heartbeat. If I find few bucks on the ground this week I will go for an other run on the dyno just to see... One thing I tough was very interesting was the gain on the bottom end with the bigger diameter on the primary pipe (R6 headers) Very promising... I can't wait to see what Santa is bringing me this year... lol:thumbup:
This was a good test Marthy...It proves that backpressure is needed to scavenge the F/A mix or it just goes out the exhaust and robs HP.
A PCV or JB will richen up the mix to simulate the backpressure F/A mix and with the ECU timing give you a lot more HP at all RPM.

The next test is to compare the SuperTrapp against the Viper and full TBR with either a JB or PCV installed to see what is the best setup for max HP and torgue at all RPM settings. Any drop in HP at a given RPM kinda defeats the purpose of the upgrade.
I think I need to get my bike to the dyno to toss down a baseline gauntlet for us to go after.

Good job!:D

Y

yellowfz

Good info , now you have me curious as to what mine will do when put on a dyno , off course I don't have the stock exhaust anymore , but using a base of 70 hp would be close .
Seems PC just tweaks the injector pulse width , man I wish we could get into the Mitsubishi ECU on these things and do some tweaking to the tables within .

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member