R6 Exhaust Marthy Edition

How much bending did you have to do on it? I am really interested in this mod. I do my own welding, so this one looks like I could do it...but the bending of the headers has me a bit confused. Is this the closest year model that will fit the best?

Last edited:
Just got back from the dino... 74.3 screeming ponies. I was hoping a bit better but I'm happy with that. The engine pull strong..er all the way to 12500. I gain a little here and there but the major gain comes from the 8K up.

I will call it the end of HPquest on this bike. Not a big gain but very respectable. The good point about it is for 1/3 of the price of a TB exhaust I hit pretty much the same numbers. Maybe if I got the map done on a dino it would have been better by a few hair... Ah well... If one day I decide that 74 hp is not enough I will fix that the old school way.... Cubic inches!

Accordingly to TB website dino chart:

Stock = 68.8HP Full Exhaust = 74.1HP (Gain of 5.3HP)

Marthy dino chart:

Stock = 70.8HP R6/Supertrapp (no PCV) = 68.8HP R6/Supertrapp (with PCV) = 74.3HP

I let you do the math to find out $$$ per HP difference.... SOLD!

SO basically 100 bucks per 1 horsepower . :eek: Bikes are expensive to get ponies out of , a car or truck you can get 1 hp for about $10 .

Agree with you yellowfz. But to have motorcycle technology in a car you looking to spend at least 80-100G (Do what ? , cars are way more advanced than these 32 bit controlled bikes) . Kind of very amazing to be able to get F1 technology for under 15-20G. Hey, it could have been worst. Imagine if I bought the TB+PCV... I've be looking at $250.00 per pony...

I can tell you don't really know cars that well . :eek:
Just one section of a Automotive ECU is more than the whole ECU MAPs on one of these bikes , and there are 4000 Sections to a ECU in a car , F1 and better .
In fact GM just reentered the F1 circuit and are using the E67/E38 PCM/ECU available in cars and trucks .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Marthy, any tips on installing and setting up the PCV + Autotune? I took the plunge and bought the whole set, to be used with the Leo Vince Pipe I installed a few months ago. It should arrive in a couple of weeks.

I think my main goal is trying to sort out my crappy fuel mileage (30 MPG give or take) and take full potential of the bike. Right now I feel the bike bogs a little bit under 4 rpm.

I'd be interested in this setup but don't have the tools and not quite enough knowledge to do this on my own. So kinda sucks for me but good job on the exhaust and the PCV n stuff was def a help. Glad it's working out.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back