Pulled the trigger on my second bike :)

kvc25

Back rim picture

Attachments

sportriderrr

SO I finally did it. Today I became the owner of a new 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R. Came upon a deal too good to pass up. Picking the bike up tomorrow once State Farm faxes over whatever it is they need to fax over to the dealership. More pics to come tomorrow, but here's a pic I took of the bike before pulling the trigger. I'll be keeping my FZ6R for the time being as my long distance bike though. No real plans to sell it anytime soon. Can't wait to ride my new bike tomorrow! :)
That's a beautiful bike, my friend! Cheers!

latony007

Back rim picture
That is just from a pothole? holy crap? I am no bike expert but I would never put bent/repaired rims back on my bike. I would def. get new ones. as far as warranty it would be interesting to hear what they say.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

Congrats on the new bike!
But, damn... A pot hole did that???
New rims for sure.

I would try to save insurance claims for more catastrophic events and pay this one out of pocket to replace the rims. Then see if I can file a claim against the city? But u should do what suits ur needs.

latony007

Back rim picture
hey what street was that anyway? I want to google satellite it and at least warn anyone else in your area :)

Deathdiesel

Congrats on the new bike!
But, damn... A pot hole did that???
New rims for sure.

I would try to save insurance claims for more catastrophic events and pay this one out of pocket to replace the rims. Then see if I can file a claim against the city? But u should do what suits ur needs.
Bike rims are like $1400 for a new set. This is the reason I purchased an extended warranty on my rims.

latony007

Bike rims are like $1400 for a new set. This is the reason I purchased an extended warranty on my rims.
wow, I only paid 3k for my super clean 2009 Suzuki with 1800 miles, that's two sets of rims!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

kvc25

hey what street was that anyway? I want to google satellite it and at least warn anyone else in your area :)
Happened on the inside lane of 80th st and Lindbergh blvd, Philadelphia PA 19153.

Estimate came back. $1974 to replace both rims (estimate includes taxes, towing fees, and hourly mechanic work). Ending up having State Farm take care of it. I have a $1000 deductible, so hopefully the city will cover that in the end.

Sucks, but I guess I gotta look at the positive in that I seriously could have gotten hurt with a pothole like that. If I was going any faster, I would have high sided for sure. Thanks for everyone's input.

Btw I've been riding the fz6r while the 636 is in the shop. Still love it just as much as the day I got it. :)