Puig tire hugger install

CrazyCawi

Was looking for a DIY on how to do it....
Since their isnt one I can find(unless someone can point me to it)
Ill be making one myself as soon as I get my tire hugger back.

applejax

You have to take off the left foot peg, shifter, passenger mount.

It's 3 bolts, then move it out of the way and you'll see the 2/3 bolts that hold the stock chain guard in. There are two other screws that hold it on. One is on the inside near the left of the bike and the other is on the right side.

Then just replace with the Puig.

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Y

yellowfz

Puigs instructions are pretty vague(and in a different language in my experience :eyebrow: ) , easy to understand if you know what you are doing around a bike.

I've got a bunch of photos that I can put into a DIY if you want. Let me know.
It didn't appear like Brain Surgery to me.
Quite simple actually, the instructions I posted are in Spanish and English (italicized)(read between the lines).
Pictures and arrows would be nice though. :wav:

CrazyCawi

yes please for pictures. I will make a video and having pics will assist me a bit

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

kvc25

I was able to install mine on without removing anything from the bike except the OEM chainguard (which is required in order to put the hugger on). The trickiest part is screwing on the small metal bracket that attaches to the front so that the hugger's chainguard has enough clearance. The instructions were only slightly helpful as i installed it a few times backwards and upside down before realizing my mistake. Once you get past that tho, everything else is easy as pie. Don't forget to use a little bit of loctite as well. If you keep the plastic wrapping that is on the hugger on until after install, you can avoid possibly scratching it during the install like I did mine (real tiny tho and not noticeable, but I know it's there)

kevin8198

Elite Member

cavcuz05

Yes they were very vague but using them i was able to figure it out:rolleyes:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

It doesn't look, too too difficult, but a writeup couldn't hurt..let's see if I beat you to it :D
you will. Someone is installing it for me friday.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I am, but someone else will be doing the work. I dont have the time or tools to do it. Sorry

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member