Progressive International Motorcycle Show

if you are going to the long beach on Saturday send me a PM ill give you my cell #

as I believe

jonkerr
and latony

might go

I am going but not until sunday. I have to work on Saturday until 12. If anyone that goes Saturday can send a report or tips on how to park or make sure to get signed up for some test rides or anything else cool it would be appreciated.

I'll be there late Saturday PM into evening. I dunno if I would recognize any ppl here. But, I will try to see if I recognize any of u guys.

some pics from today-

IMG_0340_zpscd356feb.jpg

IMG_0342_zps1933ce78.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsf7332815.jpg

IMG_0355_zpsda11e40f.jpg

IMG_0361_zps3778b4e9.jpg

IMG_0370_zps63812915.jpg

some pics from today-

IMG_0340_zpscd356feb.jpg

IMG_0342_zps1933ce78.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsf7332815.jpg

IMG_0355_zpsda11e40f.jpg

IMG_0361_zps3778b4e9.jpg

IMG_0370_zps63812915.jpg

not showing up :( im looking forward to going tomorrow, did they cancel the test rides because of the rain today? Supposed to be 0% chance tomorrow. Is it crowded pain to park etc?

not showing up :( im looking forward to going tomorrow, did they cancel the test rides because of the rain today? Supposed to be 0% chance tomorrow. Is it crowded pain to park etc?

The demo rides were all cancelled this morning and early afternoon due to the rain. however, the stunt shows were going on as scheduled..

If you want to do a demo ride tomorrow, I recommend you get there very early, since everyone who couldn't do a demo ride today will all be there. Parking for bikes was easy, just take Shoreline drive behind the convention center and turn in on Linden Avenue. There is a lot of parking for bikes and its free ;)

The demo rides were all cancelled this morning and early afternoon due to the rain. however, the stunt shows were going on as scheduled..

If you want to do a demo ride tomorrow, I recommend you get there very early, since everyone who couldn't do a demo ride today will all be there. Parking for bikes was easy, just take Shoreline drive behind the convention center and turn in on Linden Avenue. There is a lot of parking for bikes and its free ;)

thanks im goin to try and get there when it opens but got a decent drive. Where do you go to sign up? inside or someplace outside. i will have to take the cage too, taking a buddy.

thanks im goin to try and get there when it opens but got a decent drive. Where do you go to sign up? inside or someplace outside. i will have to take the cage too, taking a buddy.

Ok cool. The demo rides are outside in the parking lot, next to the motorcycle parking. just look for where all the big rigs are parked ;)

Pretty good show. No Dainese, Monster, or Alpinestars booths this year. Was surprised Bert's setup such a huge spread. Everyone knows they are a big dealer with ripoff prices. Everything they have on display is also already on display by the manufacturers. Seemed like a huge waste of space. Spidi had a nice tiny little booth. lol. Am surprised Pilot doesn't go either, considering they're local and not well known. The show highlights were definitely the girls and Yamaha's triple spread: Lorenzo's M1, Josh Herrin & Ceron Beaubier's autograph sessions.

show review

this was my fist trip to the show and I had mixed emotions. Lets start "outside" We got there on Sunday right at 10am and there was already test ride groups leaving the place. If those were available earlier than 10 it should have been on the website or ticket. By 10:15 the Ninja 1000 and fz1 were pretty much booked for the day, I could probably have waited in line for about 20 and gotten a ticket to ride an fz-09 (cause they had so many) at about 330 or 4 but I didn't know if I was going to be there that long. I wasn't interested in riding one of the huge Indians that were bigger than my car, my brother has a can am so I ride it all the time or I would have gone for that, but wound up over at the Harley area as there didn't seem to be a big line. They were really cool and within 20 minutes I was astride a VROD heading down the road with no group or guide (it appeared the others were all going out in group line rides), just me and my nephew on a street bob. The VROD is the fastest Harley they make according to the guy and it was fast, I would say in a straight line about as fast as our bike. Cornering it would not be even close to keeping up with our bike. The pegs are really forward set even for a cruiser and the exhaust pipes are located right where you put your feet down to stop so you had to be careful. But the :hey have fun and follow the signs" (for which we got lost about half way) was very cool and it was nice to add a Harley to the list of bikes I have ridden and cruise along the water and marina in LB. That's one of my things, Id like to try as many different bikes as possible. That's 8 so far.

Inside I was a little disappointed. There was a lot of hot chicks but the skank factor was pretty high lol. Most brands had all their bikes out and It was cool to have them all in one place and sit on various models, I discovered the Ducati Diavel fits me awesome, but again as others pointed out Berts Mega Mall and Del amo motorsports took up a huges amount of space displaying the same bikes. The custom café racer guys had some cool bikes on display and there were several others that looked interesting but I would never have taken on the road. What I found odd and I guess John said was not normal was that there was practically no or hardly any vendors selling jackets, gloves, that kind of stuff. There was no guys there showing custom seats or maybe lighting mods or anything like that, did see one exhaust guy and There was a couple helmet dealers. I guess when going to a public show its different too cause there was no giveaways. You could not even drum up a Yamaha sticker. I got a couple triumph pens, couple magazines and a Suzuki 50 years coin. A bandana with an over face breathing neoprene thing was the pick of the litter.

All in all I am glad I went, but if I were to go again I think I would just go and hang out in the test ride area and see how many different bikes I could get on. If I were looking for a new bike I would certainly hit the show up so you can see all the models in one place and ride some of them. You don't even have to buy a ticket to do the test rides.

Would have liked to have met a couple you guys there to at least say hello and was going to send a message but my damn phone died.

I posted a few pics on the FB group.
Have a lot more, but mostly of my niece n nephew sitting on bikes... lol.

Going this Saturday at the Jacob Javitz, do they allow you to sit on the bikes?

In the main hall where each of the manufacturers had all their bikes you could sit on anything you want. The only things you cant sit on are custom for show display bikes kinda in the middle of walkways that are usually roped off or have a sign. We also had the 2 bigger area dealers come and bring their bikes so you could sit on those as well, I assume you will have something similar.

Back