Power power more power!

Deathdiesel

Hey guys was out riding today and got a dangerous feeling. Thinking I just plainly want more power tbh..There are NO good twisties around here and its driving me effing nuts, so I guess im looking for ways to get more power from our bikes atm(without cracking open the internals/voiding major waranties), until I can find some good fun safe twisties.

The current mods I know are:
1. Exhaust
2. Tune(PCV, Juice Box..etc)
3. Air Box Mod/performance filter
4. V Stacks(upcoming possibly)
5. Weight Reduction(not what im looking for)
6. ??

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Any other ideas guys?

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Wooster

Try listening to some Motley Crew "Kick Start My Heart" on your iPod while riding. I'm almost positive I gained 5 HP when that song came on.

Detrich

Just shift at higher RPM's? 10k, 12k?

Spunky99

Cheap ass older crotch rocket in 1 liter size?

Deathdiesel

I'd say be realistic.

Yes, you can spend a couple of thousand bucks and get a 10% boost in power, maybe 15% if you put all the right pieces together in all the right ways. And after all that, you'll still find yourself complaining that it isn't enough.

Or you can buy a bike that gives you what you really want.

You'll find the latter to be a lot cheaper and more satisfying in the end.
Thats what im worried about with this bike. Dont get me wrong, im a new rider on the street still, and have a lot to learn, but im worried ill end up losing all the money I put into the bike, and wasting my time. Then again I guess it is kind of a "personal" investment as im getting used to the bike.

Maybe I was just expecting more power. Ive always heard crotch rockets are just retarded fast.

Cheap ass older crotch rocket in 1 liter size?

Idk, kind of difficult, im a shortish guy, not very heavy. And im already kind of stuck with the brand new bike, if I sold it now id be talking about a 1000$ loss minimum.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BKP

Move to the southeast...

You won't get more power, but you'll find all the twisties you can handle...

DakinechicK

I'd say if you are just starting out, you have all the horsepower that you need. The 6r has enough if you are riding her correctly! Enjoy the bike while you have it and don't worry about more power. When you are good and ready to handle the power that a SS has, then you'll probably be able to get one. (It should be a WHILE before that happens is what I'm saying).

Enjoy the 6r right now! She's a fun bike!!

DakinechicK

Thats what im worried about with this bike. Dont get me wrong, im a new rider on the street still, and have a lot to learn, but im worried ill end up losing all the money I put into the bike, and wasting my time. Then again I guess it is kind of a "personal" investment as im getting used to the bike.
This is what having a bike is all about. Enjoying and modding your ride while you have it! Have fun with it... it's yours to do what you want! I've had, lets see, 4 bikes now - all modded. If your worried about modding your bike to enjoy it in your way and then at some point trading it to upgrade (yes, losing money probably) then you'll never enjoy your bike to the fullest. We all spend hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars modding our bikes to end up trading or selling them for something else at some point. That's the fun of motorcycling!! Well, that and the actual riding! :D

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Except, as Marthy likes to say, not Florida. No corners there other than intersections!? ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Absolutely right... I stand corrected:

"Move to the southeast, and you'll find all the twisties you can handle (with the exception of Florida)".

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member