Power Commander or Juice box necessary?

auniquesoul

Okay cool, so under the rear seat it goes! Now off to swallow the pill of purchasing it now....

PhatSV6

Help in Aus :)

hey guys I have made my own custom GTYR exhaust for my fz6r and its sounds perfect to me however im wondering if im running too lean or rich because of this.

Symptoms:

Poping or crackel on decel
Sometims flame only if DB killer is removed and its rare only when cold usually
No increase or decrease it feels like in power with db killer in and still get the popping but no flame

My model has the O2 sensor as standard in the exhaust so im wondering if its running perfect because of the ecu adjusting it automatically?

If anyone knows if my ecu is actually adjusting anything please let me know or is it just an error sensor or something?

If not could it be making my bike run lean/rich as there is no cat to keep exhaust gas around the sensor?

please someone help i have no change of color in the pipes at all.

CALLING ALL KNOWLEDGEABLE PEEPS I NEED SOME ADVICE

Please pardon my spelling and gramma

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Hey guys.. I need to pick up the juicebox but they no longer sale it according to their website. I've searched but a lot of the model numbers don't say what they fit. Anyone know exactly what I need to search for or where to buy one? The sooner the better, lol.

Edit: NM.. Went ahead and got the PC5

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Awesome. That's exactly the type of system I was looking for so I can switch out mappings on the fly if I decide to do a longer highway trip after rolling around through town.

I'm guessing I need to go to Marty's website and grab his mappings?

Pretty much my bike is a lot of cosmetic upgrades besides, K&N, Two Brothers Exhaust, Racetech front and rear suspension upgrades. Any thoughts on which one would be the best for me? Anything else I need to tweak in said specific mapping? You guys rock. Super excited to get all this on this upcoming week.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Marthy's sport map has best performance, but lower gas mileage. Marthy's touring map has better mileage, but worse performance, and advance gear rev b is a combination of both. Power commander has the ability to build maps for each gear which is why you need a speed sensor tap. It combines the best of both world. Sport map for 1-4 and touring 5th and 6th gear. Gets pretty decent mileage and great performance. You could always download all those 3 and experiment. There's an accel pump setting that gives an extra shot of gas at certain rpm, duration and throttle position (set by the user). Marthy has the recommended settings in the map file, but it's not actually set to my knowledge. I had to set mine. It's a hold over from the carb days. Gives an extra little kick. Marthy calls it the wheelie setting. LOL! Have fun!

Haha.. Yea I'm not comfortable enough for wheelies yet! lol. Once I get it all installed and figure out which wire is the sensor wire and all that you are talking about I'll get me uploaded and check out his info in map download. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Awesome. I see it says 22 guage wire for the sensor on your site, I have a ton of 20! Will that be ok?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Awesome. Alrighty, here we go!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

Thank you! Yea, I've been reading up on this while I waiting for them. My bike only has 1k miles on it so I'm hoping the ones on there now will still be good and not crushed. I'll definitely use your advice and make sure I get a good seal and double check it. Thanks for all the replies and advice Scott and Marthy!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

I did I did! They come in tomorrow though so I'm not going to install anything until tomorrow night once it cools down