Please forgive me. Thinking about selling the fz6r and getting a Street Triple

jocampo

Should I? ....

I initially thought in keeping both bikes, but wife does not believe she will ride the fz6r which basically does not justify keeping both bikes.

Please give me arguments to keep the fz6r.

Also, stupid question, I guess I can keep posting here if I own a different bike, right? :)

Captcha

Insurance should be cheaper on the fz6r.
I am not a fan of semi fairinged bikes.
Although I am a triumph fan, they are costly to repair.
Higher potential of hurting yourself as it is a monster.

Those are my reasons. But Bol which ever way you go.

linkgt

Should I? ....

I initially thought in keeping both bikes, but wife does not believe she will ride the fz6r which basically does not justify keeping both bikes.

Also, stupid question, I guess I can keep posting here if I own a different bike, right? :)
Nope, no reason to keep fz6r. Street triple is better in every way possible except for that fugly headlight. Move on young padawan, dont be afraid of upgrading.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bmw675

street triple will be my next bike, unless they come out with something else thats even better.

dipple666

You can commute comfortably on the FZ6r without being blasted to bits by wind!
My OH has just agreed to me buying a second bike, she wanted me to get rid of mine! Convinced her that an F4 Senna isn't really the bike to do commuting miles and she has said it is all good to go ahead.

iSpoolin

Insurance should be cheaper on the fz6r.
I am not a fan of semi fairinged bikes.
Although I am a triumph fan, they are costly to repair.
Higher potential of hurting yourself as it is a monster.

Those are my reasons. But Bol which ever way you go.
My insurance is cheaper on my Daytona then it was on my FZ6R.....

As far as cost goes, ballin ain't free, gotta do what you gotta do. :rolleyes:

I'd love to have a street triple to accompany my Daytona. I honestly don't think I can ever go back to an inline four, the triple is just so smooth!

iSpoolin

Much better mpg with the fz6r.....if you care about that.
Not a big difference. I got an average 47 MPG on the FZ6R, I get 44 pretty easily on the Daytona. Which i'm talking civil riding here, not in the twisty's, never really measured my MPG during that LOL

bmw675

Not a big difference. I got an average 47 MPG on the FZ6R, I get 44 pretty easily on the Daytona. Which i'm talking civil riding here, not in the twisty's, never really measured my MPG during that LOL
I get 25 if I'm lucky.
i average between 36-42 mpg on the daytona. the 6r would easily get me 50+.

no twisties. afternoon rides and 15 min commutes.

CrazyCawi

still waiting for more pics of your bike....

2wheelie

St3pl is a very nice bike. I took it for a test ride (2010 model). It is very responsive and as fast as a SS bike. Tons of fun to ride
The drawback can be a too small screen, although I didn't experiences any wind inconvenience or pushback at 80m/h with a flyby one.
My riding buddy who has the st3rpl complains about the harsh sit on a long rides, and the undersit mufflers (pre 2012 version) are in a way if to put a sidebags.
Also for 2up riding, the passenger sit is too small, and the mufflers can emit some heat.

So to summarize, it is more toward riding solo. For long distance I'd think the windscreen and the sit have to be reconsidered.

Spunky99

Let me get 2 cents in here....

1st off, the FZ6R is a dynamite bike. Considering it's price and features you can't do any better IMHO. I loved mine.....

So changing up to a Street Triple gains you some power while keeping the same basic configuration of raised handlebars and standard footpegs. I know they call the FZ6R and Striple "Street bike style" but without low clip-ons and rear sets they aren't really sport bikes and the insurance companies agree due to the lower rates.
But the cost difference is huge in both purchase price, insurance and repair/parts cost on the Triumph. It also does nothing for a 2 up ride. It is still a 600 class bike. You will have that unique 3 cylinder sound tho.....

If I wanted to stick with the same ergonomics and wanted a triple, I'd go to the Speed Triple. The new ones are 1050cc but used ones are 955cc up through 2004. Question: are you buying new or used?

I had a FZ6R and was going to chop the fairing to install real clip-ons and add rear sets but I crashed it before I could blow my money on that. So a couple other members went to a YZF-R6 and a Daytona 675 and are very happy because they, like me really wanted a true sport bike. That is why I'm on a 1999 Daytona 955i. I wanted the liter class power for 2 ups while retaining the sport bike ergonomics. They stopped making Daytona 955cc bikes after 2006 so only used ones can be found and they are extremely rare in excellent condition BTW.

While Triumph parts are as expensive as a Ducati, the service cost is no more than any other brand. The reliability of a Triumph is on par with Yamaha and Honda so expectation of a problem is very unlikely.

Most of the Street Triple owners end up adding a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket for 2 ups and faster acceleration while goosing it around town anyways.

Deanohh

Nobody is going to want to be a passenger on the Street for more than 5 minutes. Don't get one if you expect her to go 2 up.

linkgt

How are you guys getting so good mileage on your fz6r's? I did everything possible(changed oil, spark plugs, +1 front tooth, air filter, clean chain), including synching throttle bodies... still crap mpg. I'm lucky if I get 42 mpg... It used to be amazing before 7k miles.. after 7k shit went downhill

bmw675

How are you guys getting so good mileage on your fz6r's? I did everything possible(changed oil, spark plugs, +1 front tooth, air filter, clean chain), including synching throttle bodies... still crap mpg. I'm lucky if I get 42 mpg... It used to be amazing before 7k miles.. after 7k shit went downhill
alot depends on riding style. it was my first bike, i didn't ride it that hard that often.

MustGoFaster

:don'tknow:
Should I? ....

:mad::spank::ban:

J/K. :p Had the same dilemma with keeping my old Honda Shadow. I was gonna do some work to it, but I don't have the time or spare change, nor do I have a garage to do the work. (Working on bikes in an apartment complex is obnoxious at best, nevermind that it's usually against most of the complexes contracts.)

Do you love it that much to keep it? The choice is yours and yours alone...

linkgt

Now that I gave the street triple a second look, that pillion seat is pretty narrow for a standard bike. It's like a SS bike's seat....

Spunky99

Not all SS bikes have crappy pillion seats...