Pit bull stand

WendyC

Hi , I purchased a stand from PIT bull for my FZ6R back in December of 2024. It was the one the site computer elected and it fits but recently the bike fell off the stand. I found one stand lug loose so I tightened both ends up tight and placed the bike back on the stand. A week has gone by and I went out to check on the bike again to find that the stand in widening away from the swingarm on both sides which told me a problem was coming soon so I took it off the stand and placed it back on its kick stand for now. Does anyone know what could be causing this ?. I noticed my front wheel was pointed to the left in the same direction as the kick stand. Does that matter ? .I checked the stand and both sides are still good and tight. thank you in advance .

Hi , I purchased a stand from PIT bull for my FZ6R back in December of 2024. It was the one the site computer elected and it fits but recently the bike fell off the stand. I found one stand lug loose so I tightened both ends up tight and placed the bike back on the stand. A week has gone by and I went out to check on the bike again to find that the stand in widening away from the swingarm on both sides which told me a problem was coming soon so I took it off the stand and placed it back on its kick stand for now. Does anyone know what could be causing this ?. I noticed my front wheel was pointed to the left in the same direction as the kick stand. Does that matter ? .I checked the stand and both sides are still good and tight. thank you in advance .

It is possible that the stand is still a little tweaked after getting the bike up. These kind of stands do deflect a little bit when you're lifting because of how the bike is initially tilted. Turning the front straight might help keep it from wanting to move or jouncing the rear after lifting it might help the stand settle.

I noticed too that the pad type things that actually touch the swingarm are a different shape than the ones on the stand that I picked up. Those ones look like they're just an L-shape where these are like a J-shape that comes back up a little bit on the inside of the swingarm and won't let the stand get pushed outward.

Kinda like this.

1717727435865.png

! will try pointing the wheel straight - thank you. The stand is not like the one in your picture. The pit bull stand I have is just two hard rubber ledges that swing arm sits on. Even though they are tight and easily under the swing arm , once I lift the bike on it - over days the stand actually widened even though they were still tight upon inspection. It was just a matter of time before the bike fell again. Its disheartening because I paid all the money for the stand to stop it from falling and to use it for maintaince.

! will try pointing the wheel straight - thank you. The stand is not like the one in your picture. The pit bull stand I have is just two hard rubber ledges that swing arm sits on. Even though they are tight and easily under the swing arm , once I lift the bike on it - over days the stand actually widened even though they were still tight upon inspection. It was just a matter of time before the bike fell again. Its disheartening because I paid all the money for the stand to stop it from falling and to use it for maintaince.

Yeah, that design seems like an oversight to me. There's just nothing stopping the bike from sliding off the inside if the stand flexes like yours is doing.

It might not be a bad idea to still try returning the stand even though it's used now. Your bike falling off the stand on its own is a pretty valid reason for a return. I can also try to find the set I picked up again if you want. It was like $100 for front and rear stand included on Amazon. They've been been great the past couple years.

I thought pitbull stands were rock solid? Never owned one but I have not heard of any issues like this. Are you sure that is what happened, both sides of the stand spread apart allowing the bike to fall?

It just seems odd to me since while your bike is on the stand, any force should be directed straight down...

Never had a Pitbull like I said, I use the Woodcraft stands and they are nice and sturdy. Also height adjustable which is the main reason I went with them.

I've used Pitbull stands (both front and rear) for years on many different bikes and they are rock solid. The front wheel has to be straight in order for the bike's weight to be evenly distributed on the rear stand.

Thanks Jim- I'm almost sure that's what I did wrong. Learned a lesson as well as acquired scratches where it fell to right scratching up the end of front brake lever , bent the rear brake lever a little and crushed the bottom of my right side foot peg ( that out growth part). I put some touch up paint on and rides fine. lucky a neighbor helped me pick it up . I tried but I'm not string enough .

Back