Clutch lever problem

SpacedLobster

I’m going to try to make this as short as possible. Changed out the clutch plates for the first time a few months ago and while doing that I accidentally took off the clutch housing basket. And when I finally put it all back together my clutch lever doesn’t work. So it fully de-compresses and doesn’t do anything. I can kick the bike into gear and stall it or when it’s up on the stand it will rotate the back tire but I can’t get the lever to engage and slow down the rpm. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Half-Click Up

Your problem sounds either spring-related or pushrod adjustment-related.
But, I would start the diagnosis at the left side of the engine. Inspect your clutch cable free-play adjustment down at the push lever.
If that is good, then you know it isn't free-play affecting your lever pull.
Move on to the right side and pop off the clutch cover.
Verify all clutch springs are in place.
Verify the adjustment of Push-rod 2 is within spec to provide spring engagement.
Push-rod 2 adjustment procedures are found on Page 5-55 of the factory service manual.

If you feel as though the problem is directly related to your accidental removal of the entire clutch housing, then the only thing weird that may have come out of place would be that little check ball (if it fell out unknowingly), but I'm not sure that would affect the actual lever/spring engagement process.

SpacedLobster

Your problem sounds either spring-related or pushrod adjustment-related.
But, I would start the diagnosis at the left side of the engine. Inspect your clutch cable free-play adjustment down at the push lever.
If that is good, then you know it isn't free-play affecting your lever pull.
Move on to the right side and pop off the clutch cover.
Verify all clutch springs are in place.
Verify the adjustment of Push-rod 2 is within spec to provide spring engagement.
Push-rod 2 adjustment procedures are found on Page 5-55 of the factory service manual.

If you feel as though the problem is directly related to your accidental removal of the entire clutch housing, then the only thing weird that may have come out of place would be that little check ball (if it fell out unknowingly), but I'm not sure that would affect the actual lever/spring engagement process.
Thanks I figured out why my lever was limp. It was that push rod 2 wasn’t adjusted.