Phone/GPS/etc charging port

Deathdiesel

Yes I did use the search, was only able to find a few unrelated threads.

Hey guys, quick question. I was looking at adding a charging port to the bike for the GPS or phone or whatever it may be. I have 2 issues, one ive heard that our bikes dont have a ton of electricity to play with. Is this true?

2. What options are there? Ive seen a few options and none are awesome. Id like either a cigarette charger, or a usb charger, mounted permanently to the fairing/dash area.
SW-MOTECH flush-mount 12-volt Cigarette-style socket with fused battery hookup harness - TwistedThrottle.com
TAPP LITE USB Charger - TwistedThrottle.com

These two seem like the only 2 I could find and they arent very attractive by any means. Id love it flush mounted, but seems hard to find.

Thanks for any and all help. :D

EsrTek

Those about it, but you can find same cig light in auto parts stores for cheap.
As for flush mount, you have to do that and cut some plastics, nothing comes flush for every possible bike.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

I have this Double USB charge point (weather proof)
usb_power_supply

Had for about a year now, works a treat
I removed the bar clamp and mounted in my dash

One thing to be careful with is drilling a hole to recieve it in the dash -get the CORRECT size to begin with:banghead:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

I have this Double USB charge point (weather proof)
usb_power_supply

Had for about a year now, works a treat
I removed the bar clamp and mounted in my dash

One thing to be careful with is drilling a hole to recieve it in the dash -get the CORRECT size to begin with:banghead:
Now thats exactly what i meant. However now that I think about it, the ability to swap to a cigarette standard port may be handy..

Hmm, i may go this route, does it fit underneath our passenger seat cargo area easily?

BKP

I used the 3BR Powersports Power Tapp Lite (USB port):

This is it installed (permanent installation w/ 7/8" hole in the fairing). Works great, no problems, and waterproof:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

EsrTek

I personally use this setup... 3x 12v 1x USB

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4239691526329001565?q=bikemaster 12v/15a power adapter center&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS533US533&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.dmg&biw=1280&bih=899&sa=X&ei=Edh_UZO8DNHh4AOp0oDgDA&ved=0CEgQ8wIwAA

Battery tender wire routed under seat/tank which connects to the bike master port box. That box sits in the front pouch of my RT 19 tank bag

No cuttin plastics to fit bike, it is waterproof/resitant w/ tank bag cover on.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member