One of a Kind.

whittaker

Hey guys long time no post i have recently done a fair few things to change the overall look of my bike some people call it the demon and others call it the redback personally i don't care because i just call it mine =) but! what do you all think of this change and take a guess at how much the levers screen and the bric and brac cost you would be surprised at how cheap it is thank the great wombat for that but i digress this is how my baby was and is leave me some input i always appreciate ideas and collaboration whittaker out.

Current mods: blade levers, Aussie pro grip levers (patriotic), dark smoke wind screen, aftermarket foot pegs, after market black front fairing kit, 2011 copper fz front fender and rear cowlings, 2010 oem fuel tank (debadged), 2010 left and right fairings.

Still no performance mods as of yet (had to remove them after the officer i was chatting to set me straight on how much trouble i could be in)

Attachments

Bert-Aus

Cheers for the update Whittaker!

Good to see you ride is back together after the wombat incident
-Congrats for having the courage to stick with it and keep riding:thumbup:

The more Aussie rep the better for the whole community I say:aus:

BKP

oh the reason for the change was a nasty nasty wombat collision
Man... I was going to say... the copper is tough to come by, why not just buy a raven. Glad to know there was method to the madness (obviously not glad about the collision... you know what I mean).

The bike looks great... reminds me of my jet black CBR... very nice reconstitution...

BoneJj

I'd like to hear about what this cop was saying to you about the power mods. Are you sure he wasn't blowing smoke up your bum?

whittaker

Australia has a lot of different rules for bikes which differ state to state no integrated tailights no exhaust modifications that aren't up to scratch with the DB restrictions just to name a couple, i'm a mechanic by trade now so i see a defect noticed motorcycle come through almost daily "power commanders are illegal says the rta and most officers who have the intellect to know what they are) he wasn't trying to start a fire up my *** but mate i have been in a ride with a bloke who got defected on a bike that had 2k kms on it with no modifications and apparently the exhaust is too loud again it may be at their disgression but when a copper pulls me over the first thing he does is check my throttle to see if it's still restricted it was a while ago he pulled me up but they frown upon exhausts because every p plater on the road goes out and buys a cannon, changing the ECU is illegal for this bike in particular because here in aus if a bikes registered as lams it better damn well stay a Lams bike said officer friendly who took a look at my bike while doing his defect checks.

I may be wrong but this is just my personal experience with the fine officers of the NSW police they don't like modifications on any vehicle.

yeah i am just happy that it's all back together and i have found where to get parts to rebuild the bike the windscreen foot pegs and levers probably cost me under $100 AUS.

I had to do a fair bit of buffing bodgeying and touching up to get the copper parts back together but my next move is spraying the old fairings and replacing the 2010 L and R side with something of my own design i just needs some ideas =)

if you wanna know more about aussie restrictions mate ill gladly tell you what i know

- Whittaker

CrazyCawi

nice bike

10char.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Australia has a lot of different rules for bikes which differ state to state no integrated tailights no exhaust modifications that aren't up to scratch with the DB restrictions just to name a couple, i'm a mechanic by trade now so i see a defect noticed motorcycle come through almost daily "power commanders are illegal says the rta and most officers who have the intellect to know what they are) he wasn't trying to start a fire up my *** but mate i have been in a ride with a bloke who got defected on a bike that had 2k kms on it with no modifications and apparently the exhaust is too loud again it may be at their disgression but when a copper pulls me over the first thing he does is check my throttle to see if it's still restricted it was a while ago he pulled me up but they frown upon exhausts because every p plater on the road goes out and buys a cannon, changing the ECU is illegal for this bike in particular because here in aus if a bikes registered as lams it better damn well stay a Lams bike said officer friendly who took a look at my bike while doing his defect checks.

I may be wrong but this is just my personal experience with the fine officers of the NSW police they don't like modifications on any vehicle.

yeah i am just happy that it's all back together and i have found where to get parts to rebuild the bike the windscreen foot pegs and levers probably cost me under $100 AUS.

I had to do a fair bit of buffing bodgeying and touching up to get the copper parts back together but my next move is spraying the old fairings and replacing the 2010 L and R side with something of my own design i just needs some ideas =)

if you wanna know more about aussie restrictions mate ill gladly tell you what i know

- Whittaker
That sounds like a modders night mare....

WTH, what's so far up their butts that they have to be so ridiculous about working on your own vehicle?

So the restricted throttle, is there anything that you can do to get that changed, like removing the lams registration or whatever. Seems like you should be able to get around that some how. Or can you mod it while still making it look like it's restricted, lol?

whittaker

I know it's not funny, but every time you mention your "wombat attack" I sort of giggle as until I read your first post regarding your accident I didn't even know what a Wombat was..

Glad to see things are working out..
All good mate i giggle to myself whenever i think back to the moment when i thought "is that thing going to run out in front of me.... shit - proceed to slide 15 metres while mates laugh behind me) here in australia we see some misfortunes as funny and mine is one of those times and i do admit it's almost as bad as the poor bastard who slid out after hitting a koala.

it's getting better everyday anthony ill make sure the next wombat i hit i at least have a photo to show you XD

whittaker

That sounds like a modders night mare....

WTH, what's so far up their butts that they have to be so ridiculous about working on your own vehicle?

So the restricted throttle, is there anything that you can do to get that changed, like removing the lams registration or whatever. Seems like you should be able to get around that some how. Or can you mod it while still making it look like it's restricted, lol?
To unrestrict the throttle you have to go into (the name has slipped me but i have a video of me doing it =| it is restricted in the throttle bracket plate i sound like a scrub) all you do is cut the part that stop the throttle opening up simple enough right?...... ecu is also restricted and if you have the sudden need to restrict your bike you need to buy a restricted plate to replace the "damaged" part.

now finding an ecu that is unrestricted in aus is like finding a virgin in kings cross it's not easy and your going to have to pay a lot for it, i have seen people hack it with older models but some are different sizes and some don't agree with powercommanders either.

Well my friend i think you have given me inspiration of what im going to do it next there has got to be a few stealth tricks lying around that may be handy in my perdicament but it's days like these i'm happy my boss used to race bikes haha

BoneJj

To unrestrict the throttle you have to go into (the name has slipped me but i have a video of me doing it =| it is restricted in the throttle bracket plate i sound like a scrub) all you do is cut the part that stop the throttle opening up simple enough right?...... ecu is also restricted and if you have the sudden need to restrict your bike you need to buy a restricted plate to replace the "damaged" part.

now finding an ecu that is unrestricted in aus is like finding a virgin in kings cross it's not easy and your going to have to pay a lot for it, i have seen people hack it with older models but some are different sizes and some don't agree with powercommanders either.

Well my friend i think you have given me inspiration of what im going to do it next there has got to be a few stealth tricks lying around that may be handy in my perdicament but it's days like these i'm happy my boss used to race bikes haha
That's just ridiculous, what can you do to buy an unrestricted bike that doesn't have this issue? Or is that even an option over there?

I'm glad I could give you a little inspiration, good luck with your incognito modding.

Bert-Aus

...ecu is also restricted...
Are you sure the ecu is restricted too?

IDK but was under the impression that it was only a physical restriction on the throttle body

Would it hurt to try the exhaust mod with current ecu before spending along time to hunt down an "unrestricted ecu"?

Are you sure the ecu is restricted too?

IDK but was under the impression that it was only a physical restriction on the throttle body
Mine doesn't have an ECU restriction... And I've just had a modified throttle plate made up so the bike it's totally derestricted :) maybe they introduced an ECU restriction in later models but this will be the first I've ever heard of our bikes having it done though..

I was told police don't care as long as I have my open licence, sane deal with insurance.

I know several people who have put either m4 or 2 bros pipes on with a PCV or juicebox and had no dramas at all.

I've kept the original throttle plate so it can be completely returned to stock and sold as a LAMS bike.

The only drama you will have is if you get it deregistered as a LAMS bike and registered as an open bike. You can never reregister as a LAMS bike after that.

So the only risk you take by modding/derestricting is having a run in with QLD transport.

Bert-Aus

I am just happy I never had to deal with it at all, my Rocket Ride came straight off the show room floor unrestricted

In fact it wasn't until discoverying this forum I heard about restricted (XJ6/ FZ6R) models

Really?! Thats awesome! I had no idea you could buy them new over here unrestricted.. Nice one! :)

Bert-Aus

My ride is a 2009 production, LAMS didnt come in till 2011 I believe

Hmm mine came new as LAMS and it's a 2010. Maybe that was the year it kicked in?

whittaker

this is aries i decided to name it i've spent too much time with it now what do you all reckon about the copper black combo? 2010 and 2011 parts are everywhere. haha

Attachments