Oil Thread: The Answer All

hfd1 tuner

Honda oil is good stuff gn4...I like the dino silkolene 4t buy it in the 55 gallon drum I run it it in all my race engines to break in and after break in use.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Maybe I missed it while reading through this sticky.. but is there any harm in putting in 10W40:

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motorcycles, ATVs, and Powersports - 10W40 Motorcycle Oil

Opposed to the manual recommended 20W50? Like I posted on "Oil Filter" thread.. I have A LOT of this left over from my S-40.. so I don't really want it to go to waste..

Not sure if it'll harm the bike at all.. data spec page says use 10W40 on conditions below 60 degrees F and 20W50 for above 40 degrees F

pjmac5

Maybe I missed it while reading through this sticky.. but is there any harm in putting in 10W40:

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motorcycles, ATVs, and Powersports - 10W40 Motorcycle Oil

Opposed to the manual recommended 20W50? Like I posted on "Oil Filter" thread.. I have A LOT of this left over from my S-40.. so I don't really want it to go to waste..

Not sure if it'll harm the bike at all.. data spec page says use 10W40 on conditions below 60 degrees F and 20W50 for above 40 degrees F
$56 for a gallon. The only harm is to your wallet. Consider Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w-40w Diesel. $20 a gallon, great stuff and available every where.

ylwf3vr

$56 for a gallon. The only harm is to your wallet. Consider Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w-40w Diesel. $20 a gallon, great stuff and available every where.
Thanks! I have leftovers to use up.. I'll switch afterwords. No damages to the engine with this one?

pjmac5

Thanks! I have leftovers to use up.. I'll switch afterwords. No damages to the engine with this one?
Shell Rotella T6 is getting very popular with all kinds of motorcyclists. In fact, Amsoil has published some comparisons of their oil vs. T6. The joke is T6 was designed for Diesel trucks not motorcycles but clearly it is popular enough for Amsoil to take notice.

Diesel oil has a high Zinc content, see link:

Zinc Oil Additive - Hot Rod Magazine

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member