north shore lk supeior

stuna

got away from the heat , 200 miles , 54 mpg . its nice to get away from the heat on the north shore of lake superior :D

CrazyCawi

I think I might go up to duluth tomorrow(sunday)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

stuna

I wish I had been with you. It was too hot down here. So what were you riding to get 54 mpg?
Anson
54 mpg is the best i have gotten just one up at a steady pace , best before was 53
heat wave tomorrow 97 :zombie::wtfgun:, give it up . but i got some miles on the rd400 today

milepig

I love being around the lake there.. Such beautifull roads on the MN side also, except for the little stretch by Split Rock light house that they are repaving, but getting better as they finish the parts.
Kind of a bummer up here this year what with J Cooke washed out and Highway 1 between Ely and N. Shore under construction for some 6 miles, most of the good twisty stuff is out of action this year.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

milepig

Dont know the area that well in terms of streets, only get up there about 1-2x per year. Mostly cruising in the car with wife and one or two of the dogs to take them into Split Rock State Park by the lake and onto that island it connects to (when access to island is allowed). Mostly just go straight up 35/61 and Old Scenic N. Shore Dr to Two Harbors (breakfast at Vanilla Bean) :) then Keep heading north then turn off at different points. Furthest north I have been is Grand Marai (spelling?) Gotta get up further though, but it is hard because it is usually day trips because of the puppies.
Sometime make a loop using Highway 1 between Ely and N Shore, nice drive... even more fun on the bike!

milepig

got away from the heat , 200 miles , 54 mpg . its nice to get away from the heat on the north shore of lake superior :D
We need to get a ride in together sometime, just that my lack of a work schedule will make it hard. Still wanting to talk about suspension upgrades too.